By "the archaeology program" do you mean Levantine archaeology with Burke? 

sorry I don't really know but my friend does specialize in Levantine Arch. He said it's an institute which accepted him.

Hi everyone. For HB/ANE folks still reading this, I am claiming one each of the UCLA and Brandeis acceptances. I was lucky enough to get them on back to back days and have been on cloud nine since then. They both offered generous funding packages. I have committed to UCLA since they were my top choice based on research interests.

I was rejected from Texas on Sunday.

Good luck everybody!

Edited by nomadia

Hi everyone. For HB/ANE folks still reading this, I am claiming one each of the UCLA and Brandeis acceptances. I was lucky enough to get them on back to back days and have been on cloud nine since then. They both offered generous funding packages. I have committed to UCLA since they were my top choice based on research interests.

That's fantastic! I think you're going to love ucla and working with Schniedewind. Congratulations!

How good is funding at Austin, what's the average stipend?

I think not particularly good for out-of-state students. And perhaps you have to teach right away.

At least one HB/NWS applicant got into the list, I heard today. 

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.  La Sarar, how did you hear about this?  Did you email them to ask?  Also, do you have any more info about how many HB people got on the list?  Thanks!    

Edited by Sihara

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.  La Sarar, how did you hear about this?  Did you email them to ask?  Also, do you have any more info about how many HB people got on the list?  Thanks!    

Hi, it was a classmate. I didn't email them because I'm not counting on JHU right now. Sorry but I've no idea how many people got on the list. My classmate got a call a few days ago. 

Hi, it was a classmate. I didn't email them because I'm not counting on JHU right now. Sorry but I've no idea how many people got on the list. My classmate got a call a few days ago. 

Is your classmate intending to matriculate at Hopkins? Or, is Hopkins a back up for him/her? If you know.

Thanks!

Thanks, La Sarar.  Was he/she called for an interview, or simply informed about being shortlisted?  Just curious how the process works.  

Is your classmate intending to matriculate at Hopkins? Or, is Hopkins a back up for him/her? If you know.

Thanks!

You are welcome. I honestly don't know. He has another acceptance so this could be a back-up choice. Plus he's not officially accepted to JHU yet, so it's hard to tell...

Thanks, La Sarar.  Was he/she called for an interview, or simply informed about being shortlisted?  Just curious how the process works.  

I don't remember him mentioning the interview. So probably just being shortlisted. It does sound pretty strange, though.

I don't remember him mentioning the interview. So probably just being shortlisted. It does sound pretty strange, though.

It is kind of strange.  Particularly because the single Hopkins listing on the results board mentions that shortlisted candidates are being flown in during March (presumably for an interview).  Maybe the department is only interviewing candidates from certain subfields, and not from HB.  Anyway, thanks for the info! 

Edited by Sihara