Applied to:

Stanford EE (Information Systems)

GPA 3.9/4

GRE 1490/1600

very strong lors

2 accepted first authors in top conferences, 1 in review

international

Any news on your side?

Do you know when the decisions are made and what are the important factors for Stanford?

Are you a graduate student or an undergrad?

As far as I know, Stanford decision comes out rather late compared to MIT, Berkeley which could be as early as first week of feb. I guess Stanford would release the bulk of acceptance' in the second half of feb. As for important factors, well entrepreneurship experience/competitions even at undergrad level is most appreciated at stanford(famous for startups), but keep in mind that this is in addition to the general factors required to make it to the top5 schools i.e research experience(and/or papers),statement,LORs, GRE,match of chemistry with the faculty(which I guess decides our fate as most of the competitors have more or less the same profiles), last but not least luck!!!

A string of hope to cling on to : The batch size at stanford is larger compared to other topnotch schools... more slots... :)

well, did some research on the EE admission trend at stanford, it seems that the phd admits would get a double treat on valentine's day, while those offered MS admission (waitlisted for phd) will have to wait till the end of the week(17th Feb), a few more waitlisted ones would be informed the next week .... and here come the rejects on march 2.

yes these are different departments at stanford, and the cs results were released some days ago... the only news I have is the one I shared two posts above( POI mail, and previous trends).... no wonder if today would make it or break it for stanford, keeping the trend and POI email in mind....