Wisconsin-Madison

Chuck

compared to last year, they're pretty late this year

Maybe tomorrow? I think it's a little early to call them "late", but I'm probably just as antsy as you are! It looks like Wisconsin is one of the few schools to notify of acceptances and rejections all at once.... so when it does happen, we're all going to get bombed.

I think if I were running an admissions office I'd want to send out decisions on a Friday afternoon. That way, you avoid having to be in the office for the initial stunned deluge of angry/random/excited/confused phone calls. Folks get the weekend to cool off and decide if their questions really are urgent.

Looks like i misspoke in my first post- last year the Jan 31/Feb 1 notification deluge was on a Monday/Tuesday (not Friday/Saturday). So maybe we'll be getting some news early next week?

*3 cheers for obsessive over-analyzing*!

Well, if 2 people received acceptance emails around 7:30, I bet there are another 10 people out there at least who have already gotten acceptance emails, but who haven't posted on this site. I hope they are still working on sending on everything right now...it's almost 9:00 CST

The past results surveys do show that people received acceptances days apart from each other. Mang and Quantitative: lets all send acceptance brainwaves to the department for each other. By the way mang, do you listen to Ween?

The past results surveys do show that people received acceptances days apart from each other. Mang and Quantitative: lets all send acceptance brainwaves to the department for each other. By the way mang, do you listen to Ween?

Haha I like the idea. And no, I do not. What makes you ask? I'm always up for new music recommendations though.

I like your thinking and I'm sending those positive brainwaves right now. Except, I've already ate all the chocolate in my house.

Thanks for all the congratulations! I must say I'm extremely excited. My heart's not totally set on Wisconsin (still have to hear from 4 other programs), but I am so lucky to have such an excellent choice. I notice there are now a total of 5 acceptances posted on the results board! Speak up, fellow badgers! Let's talk Wisconsin!

Ok, I know now is not the time to complain. But maybe it will be a small consolation to some people to know that the funding at Wisconsin is atrocious. They've done well to start guaranteeing 5 years of funding for their incoming cohorts (even though they state plainly that their program will take an average of 7 years), but the package is still nothing to write home about. Maybe a few years in the working world have spoiled me, but right now I'm having a hard time seeing how I will live for 7 years on ~$14,000 a year in a moderately-pricey city with no academic summer employment opportunities?!