Rochester

Trying not to freak out. When I called them on Tuesday they said that we definitely would not hear back until the end of next week (at the earliest).

Second this. I really want Rochester and Oregon. Just one. I need an acceptance. Rochester is a great program/fit for me. My writing sample was on Blake... Morris Eaves is a professor at Rochester and he's a leading scholar (as far as I'm concerned) on Blake. It'd be wonderful to get into this program... it's small and it's a great school.

This. Exactly. Now I have two schools to stress out over this weekend. If I don't get in somewhere, it feels like the world will end.

This. Exactly. Now I have two schools to stress out over this weekend. If I don't get in somewhere, it feels like the world will end.

My world will end if I don't get into at least one school. I mean, okay, it probably won't end, but I've been rejected from 7 already, so it just seems like it can't get much worse, and whatever is much worse seems like it must be the end of the world. Okay, that made little to no sense. Too many hours spent in class today.

They should start to notify at the end of this week maybe? There still is that one random acceptance from last week....

At this point, I just want to know either way, so I can move forward.

Exactly. I would like to get this over with already. I have too many other things I should be focusing on.

Likewise! I thought we'd hear from Rochester already. Nice username, btw, hermia11. I just finished reading A Midsummer Night's Dream for my Shakespeare course!

What?! There is a waitlist up... Must run home to mail box... NOW. Too bad I can't... I have class from 5:30-8. Now I definitely will not be able to pay attention.

Nothing for me too. Hopefully within the next few days we shall hear word!

hermia11- You're welcome! It is a wonderful play. I just finished reading Henry IV part I. Not nearly as lovely/enjoyable, in my opinion of course.

Nothing for me too. Hopefully within the next few days we shall hear word!

hermia11- You're welcome! It is a wonderful play. I just finished reading Henry IV part I. Not nearly as lovely/enjoyable, in my opinion of course.

You would prefer the mischievous musings of Puck and the mechanicals to the hilarious belly of guts that is Sir John Falstaff?! Sacrilege, sir. Sacrilege. :)

But MSND has Bottom! Bottom turns into an ass! It's marvelously ironic. Falstaff is quite hilarious, though. The raillery that occurs between Falstaff and Prince Hal is good stuff. The play as a whole doesn't do it for me. I'm not a Shakespeare guy by any stretch, so my opinion is probably not as valid as those who study this stuff daily. I was very amused to find out that there is such a thing as Bardolatry, the unhealthy and excessive obsession with Shakespeare.

But MSND has Bottom! Bottom turns into an ass! It's marvelously ironic. Falstaff is quite hilarious, though. The raillery that occurs between Falstaff and Prince Hal is good stuff. The play as a whole doesn't do it for me. I'm not a Shakespeare guy by any stretch, so my opinion is probably not as valid as those who study this stuff daily. I was very amused to find out that there is such a thing as Bardolatry, the unhealthy and excessive obsession with Shakespeare.

Definitely. It's all down to those goofy Victorians (you should check out the Shakespeare Jubilee that was put on by David Garrick in the mid 18th C. A three day celebration all about how Shakespeare was the best writer ever, and they didn't perform ANY of his plays, haha. Bardolatry at its finest).

Another wait list letter went up... I can't run home to check because I'm currently stuck on campus due to a tremendous snow storm (I'm in central NY). The suspense....

I called there today and they said that they were still working on applications and it's taking them longer than they thought it would... a lot of applications this year. I'm still very curious as well.

I called there today and they said that they were still working on applications and it's taking them longer than they thought it would... a lot of applications this year. I'm still very curious as well.

You're a hero for calling! That news makes me feel a bit better, and less like I'm fruitlessly waiting for a rejection letter that won't come til April. So counterintuitive that waitlists have come in before acceptances!