University of Maryland (MPP) 2012

I applied before the Dec 30th deadline as well - this is the program I feel least likely to be accepted to, because I don't have much of a quantitative background (although I did do alright on my GRE). Its the only MPP I applied to. Will be interesting to see when letters start to hit & if they do email notifications that decisions are on their way (website says they will not notify you of the decision via email though).

According to UMD's website "decisions will be mailed on or about February 7" . So has anyone heard from them ? Do you guys think we will hear from them this week?

I don't see on their site where it says February 7th - do you have a link? Thanks!

@ understatement700- I was told that as long as one submitted the application before Dec 31, he/she will be considered for all available scholarships even if other documents arrive later. Here's the application deadline table http://www.publicpolicy.umd.edu/prospective-students/Admissions/FAQ#deadline

@readyornot - http://www.publicpolicy.umd.edu/prospective-students/Admissions/FAQ#decision

I decided I needed to stop obsessively checking in on here to see if others had begun posting results from UMD, so I called today to see if the Feb 7th timeline was still accurate. The woman that I spoke to said that, at best, they will start to send out notifications by next Friday and it will take about two weeks to get them all out.

Yikes, thanks for letting us know :) I was thinking we should hear from them at some point soon... I vaguely remember the site saying something like decisions being made in 6 weeks (which it has been...) I applied for the Robertson Fellowship this past week, so I guess that may be part of the decision making process? Now that it's getting into mid-February, our decision time is finally getting near (!!)

I received an email from UMD after applying for the Robertson Fellowship. Part of it said:

"You should expect to receive a decision from the School of Public Policy by early March. You may also receive word from the Graduate School on a decision regarding your admittance and financial aid - this will likely not include the decision regarding the Robertson Fellowship. You can expect a separate notification, which will come directly from our office."

So it looks like two more weeks... not too long now!

Nothing has been updated online - I had applied for the Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows, and so I received an email asking for my Description of Service. In that email, they wrote "First, I would like to congratulate you because we have recommended your admission to our MPP program."

I don't think they are - I haven't received anything official. Like I said, it was a part of an email asking me for my Peace Corps paperwork since I applied to both of UMD's fellowships. Honestly, I'm still having a hard time believing it since it was written so casually! I think the official notices will come this week; I"ll let you know when/if I get that.