University of Maryland (MPP) 2012

Another day, another empty mailbox... I'm contemplating emailing Taryn, but I don't want to be annoying. It just seems crazy that it has been three weeks without hearing back from them, after being asked to send in my documents.. and being told I'd be notified "by early March." I'm kind of disappointed by UMD and how they aren't keeping with the deadlines they themselves have set. If only they had just said "mid-March," my brain could handle it better! haha

Bgreenster- yes, they've been a bit unclear and I'm still not sure if they're going to email admission results or send it by mail. On the website it says they only notify by mail but then others on here have said they've gotten emails.

I can only imagine it's taking them so long because they want to give us both Robertson Fellowships and are planning to notify us by mail! ^_^

Bgreenster- yes, they've been a bit unclear and I'm still not sure if they're going to email admission results or send it by mail. On the website it says they only notify by mail but then others on here have said they've gotten emails.

I can only imagine it's taking them so long because they want to give us both Robertson Fellowships and are planning to notify us by mail! ^_^

Wouldn't that be great! I definitely think we're not hearing anything because of the Robertson, but my brain needs to just know all my options. I've kind of made a decision on where I'll go, but I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have all the factors yet! Good luck to you :D

Just heard back via snail mail--I'm in! :) But no financial support :( the decision letter came in a red UMD folder with details about their admitted students day.

sjw528 I'm still waiting to get my folder in the mail, but am trying to lock down my school visit schedule now.. could you share with us the date that was in your folder for admitted students day? Also what is the deadline to notify them of enrollment by (April 15 or something else)?

Thanks so much!

I've still got nothing minus that random unofficial email three weeks ago. I messaged Taryn on Wednesday re: some kind of timeline on hearing back, and haven't even received anything in reply to THAT... I'll be in DC at that time for Gtown's visit day (same day as UMD, so won't be making it to the official one) but maybe go the 30th to check the place out?

Apologies for my late response--thanks mellowyellow03 for answering about admitted students day. Readyornot, there's also info in the folder regarding 2012-2013 courses in your area of concentration that you may find interesting if UMD is a top contender. Here's hoping for news this week!

I take it there's still no word on the Robertson fellowship? Or should I assume that because there was no fin aid information in my admit stuff that I'm out of the running for the fellowship?

I wouldn't conclude that about the Robertson Fellowship. In the email they sent out after they received my Robertson Fellowship application it said that if we were accepted for the fellowship it wouldn't likely be reflected in our initial admissions packet.

What I don't know is if they contact those not accepted for the fellowship too or if you they only contact those accepted for it.

I got an email back the day after, but I applied *right* at the deadline. Mine also said that my admittance info probably wouldn't have the fellowship in it... but still haven't gotten that letter either way :P

Did anyone hear anything about the Robertson Fellowship today? I emailed Taryn on Friday and she said that notices would be going out today for all those who are not(?) finalists...

Haven't heard a word. Guess that's apparently a good thing? I emailed her last Wednesday about it and didn't get an answer.

I got my folder in the mail today.. it says they're "unsure at this point whether they will be able to grant me financial support" and that they will only get in touch in the future if they are in fact able to secure something. There is no date on when that would be by.. so I can only assume that it's if someone turns down something, freeing up other money. But that's impossible to make a decision on and since I've gotten aid from other schools tough to justify picking this program instead. Anyone else get the same letter?

I got my folder in the mail today.. it says they're "unsure at this point whether they will be able to grant me financial support" and that they will only get in touch in the future if they are in fact able to secure something. There is no date on when that would be by.. so I can only assume that it's if someone turns down something, freeing up other money. But that's impossible to make a decision on and since I've gotten aid from other schools tough to justify picking this program instead. Anyone else get the same letter?

that is exactly what mine said - and I took it to mean if someone turns down money, i MAY get some of it. wonder if that is what they tell everyone :)

I finally gave in and called up there. I am admitted (I was seriously starting to doubt this after three weeks of radio silence), and have received the PC Fellowship. I did not get the Robertson - decisions were apparently made/given to the admissions office this afternoon, so I'm guessing people will be notified shortly.