Only rejects so far?

academiccricket

Rejections typically come first. Hang in there!

I've heard -- perhaps from someone else on this board -- that it's the acceptances that come first.... maybe it differs program-to-program?

Regardless, I hope you're right, because I haven't heard a thing from anyone! Still early, I suppose, but still.....

From what I understand, it's the easy decisions that come first, whether acceptance or rejection (although some schools may not bother informing the rejected applicants). It's the middle-of-the-road ones that take forever to sort out.

I've heard -- perhaps from someone else on this board -- that it's the acceptances that come first.... maybe it differs program-to-program?

Regardless, I hope you're right, because I haven't heard a thing from anyone! Still early, I suppose, but still.....

Jesus man! Everybody knows that-- the poster above was just trying to cheer up the poor sot who was the OP. Have a little compassion will ya? :)

Already got my first rejection -- which I dutifully posted on the results page.

Makes me uneasy that I was such an easy "no." I have 7 more applications out there, but suddenly, I'm not hopefull for any of them.

Edit:

Academiccricket, don't feel too bad about an early rejection from Harvard. :D

I've only gotten rejections so far...2 out of 7 I applied to. However, it's definitely not the rule that the acceptances come first. I've heard from many people that it's usually the opposite. And plus, not all programs notify at the same time. Most of my schools have not notified at all yet.

I've only gotten one response, a rejection from yale. I thought getting the first decision would make me less anxious but it's only made things worse. Now I'm dying to hear back and I doubt I'll hear from anyone else until the end of the month.

Whether or not the acceptances or rejections come first, i don't know, but at least from the point of view of the admissions team I think it would be difficult to accept everyone or deny everyone at one time. They probably have a tiered system. I don't know if it would be better or worse(worrying-wise) to know which tier you were in/whether you got through the first, second or third round of applicants.

When I applied for my Masters, I received 7 rejects before the final 3 acceptances, so don't fret it. Some of my friends received their PhD admits on/past the 15th April deadline, so hope isn't dead till the very end. Don't fret it (easy to say I know!).

1 reject, waiting to hear from 9.

Feeling slightly mellow about it at the moment. No point getting stressed out. To add some nobility to the process, I'm assuming my indifference is the best response to the indignities of the process.

I like this. I wish I could possess some of this nobility. I tend to act like the uncivilized clod during the wait. It's quite remarkable that my friends still tolerate me :)

well first official rejection today. Since the other schools already have acceptances posted online and/or started calling people for interviews 3 weeks ago, I guess that means 3 out of 4 rejections for me with a fourth one on its way shortly.

This is me finally giving up. I don't think I can deal with the emotional stress of a applying a third time.

Last year I got two admits in early February, one admit in early March, and one reject that took forever, but I think I finally heard in late March, so I would say, the timeline varies. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I wouldn't read too much into it yet. I think the person who said that the easy decisions, whether admits or rejects, can be made quickly, but the rest of them take time, was right on. Good luck!