Ohio State

Jazz388

I am so very excited to be attending OSU for a PhD in Biomedical Sciences (Integrated Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program IBGP). I can't wait to find an apartment and move in at the beginning of June!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for housing in the OSU area, I just visited this weekend to find a place and know a few decent apartments that aren't too bad for the budget. Be aware they are filling up fast!

Yipes! I am going to move in 3ish weeks to start looking for housing and sign on something for June 1st. I wish I could take a 2 BR apartment and get a roommate but I'll be off the Internet over the summer. Just can't risk not getting a roommate before the end of June but if someone is looking for a roommate already, definitely PM me :) Otherwise, I'm looking at studios/1 BRs.

I'll be in the History PhD program :) SO excited!

Olentangy Commons and Fox and Hound are nice but about a 10-15 minute drive to campus. COTA buses stop right outside these complex communities. MGI communities has several complexes under their name and are generally much closer to campus, however the apartments are older. Good luck finding housing!

• 8 months later...

Hey! I was accepted for a master's in mathematics! Haven't heard back from other schools yet, but I am excited to have the potential to go to Ohio State! :)

As for housing - have you guys read the Columbus thread in the City Guide forum yet? It's got tons of good tips. A lot of the locals make it sound like it's possible to find housing in the grad student areas even in the summertime... so that's what I plan on doing, since I can't visit beforehand (I live in Sweden currently).

Congrats to everyone who got in!

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

Just wanted to see who else was heading to OSU for 2013, as most of this thread is from last year. Anybody been to visit? I'm heading out in a few weeks and was wondering if there were any things that you absolutely needed to check out when visiting Columbus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to join in on the housing search too. Going to OSU for PhD in Political Science! Really excited about. So much so that I watched a series of Columbus' historical neighborhoods, including Victorian Village, Short North, Downtown, University District, etc. Yeah, I couldn't help it.