CUNY

sociology27

I applied for CUNY anthro and they've done rejections first as well. Judging from last year they do rejections and then acceptances/waitlists a couple weeks later, so I'm hoping that silence means I've made the first round of cuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine says so on my application summary page. And I called up the Grad center and were told that letters went out on the 7th. I got mine today, which is indeed an acceptance and some health and housing info... but nothing regarding funding.

Does anyone know how it usually works with regard to funding? Is it for example a function of GPA? Like:

3.7+ -> 100% funding

3.6-3.7 -> 50% funding

3.4-3.6-> 33% funding

3.4- -> No funding

Or does it work differently?

And how does funding/no-funding relate to the waitlist? E.g. person X is offered funding but declines (accepts an offer at a different uni), does that mean that his funding package goes to person Y who was admitted but without (or with partial) funding? Or is his funding package going to person Z who is on the waitlist?

Edited by CoffeeStainedMemos

Does anyone know how it usually works with regard to funding? Is it for example a function of GPA? Like:

3.7+ -> 100% funding

3.6-3.7 -> 50% funding

3.4-3.6-> 33% funding

3.4- -> No funding

Or does it work differently?

And how does funding/no-funding relate to the waitlist? E.g. person X is offered funding but declines (accepts an offer at a different uni), does that mean that his funding package goes to person Y who was admitted but without (or with partial) funding? Or is his funding package going to person Z who is on the waitlist?

I doubt they do funding levels based on GPA. And if a school ever did, I would not wanna be in that department.

Edited by DustSNK

I doubt they do funding levels based on GPA. And if a school ever did, I would not wanna be in that department.

Agreed DustSNK. But back to the matter at hand-- WHEN DO I FIND OUT CUNY---WHEN!!!!! Why me? Always the middle person... the one most are indifferent toward!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am one of those who reported wait-list status in the Results Survey section the past couple of days, and obviously there are at least three names on the wait list. I'm just wondering if anyone has been accepted by CUNY but decide to decline the offer? I'm quite antsy because getting off this wait list may be my only chance to be accepted by any PHD program... Thank you!