Chicago Harris MPP "Application Manager"

I haven't been able to confirm that Harris received my GRE scores. The email they sent yesterday said that we should check the "application manager" to make sure they have received everything. Does anyone know the link to the "application manager"? Are they referring to the link via which we applied (i.e. https://grad-application.uchicago.edu/) ? I can see my transcript listed under "supplemental materials" but don't see my GRE listed anywhere. Any insights?

I can't believe I am losing my sleep over this.

in the first email they sent out, they told us if we were missing anything soon after the deadline they would email us. mine says its missing a letter of recommendation when all my other schools have gotten everything. I noticed at American (which i got into) and George Mason, they don't necessarily update the page with all your info, but they still have it all.

Maybe I am being to lax. but if they said they would contact me and 5 out of 6 places have everything, maybe its not worth freaking out about. my friend at Uof C said it looked liked world war 2 after the deadline. I'm sure they are just slipping

don't know whats "application manager" either. But I do see my GRE score status which is "official received", yet my TOEFL is "Unofficial received" (i am an international applicant). Still wondering what does it mean by "unofficial received"

Maybe they would contact us if anything is missing

From our email after we applied- received on january 5th.

"Hello!

Happy New Year! On behalf of the Harris School I want to thank you for your recent application to our masters program. As you might imagine we have received a large number of applications and corresponding materials (this is turning out to be our largest application pool to date) and it will take a few days to get everything sorted and matched up ( for the staff the process is still mostly manual). We are updating statuses as quickly as we can and expect this process to take another 10 business days. We will contact you via email if anything is missing after everything has been sorted through.

Feel free to email or call us if you have any questions. The staff is working on the applications but we will get back to you as quickly as we can.

Thank you for your patience!

Maggie DeCarlo"

The only reason, again, I am being relaxed, because I have heard from other people at the University of Chicago that they tell you instantly if something is missing. I could be wrong, but I would like to think the admin people at Chicago aren't lying to us to keep us from calling.

I sent my GRE scores immediately after I took the test, so I was surprised also to find them missing on the application manager (or whatever it is). I e-mailed them and they said, basically, to take that page with a grain of salt. They'll contact us if anything is needed at the time of review.

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody mentioned on another thread that last year all the early March notifications were international (marked with an "I" or a "U"), which is true. The single acceptance also has an "I". All the Americans heard at more like 3/18. So as a domestic student, I'm not expecting to hear anything for a long long time.

As soon as someone posts an acceptance with an "A," however, I'll go nuts.

Somebody mentioned on another thread that last year all the early March notifications were international (marked with an "I" or a "U"), which is true. The single acceptance also has an "I". All the Americans heard at more like 3/18. So as a domestic student, I'm not expecting to hear anything for a long long time.

As soon as someone posts an acceptance with an "A," however, I'll go nuts.

I'm international, I haven't heard anything yet. Usually they went out a little later than 2/28...last year people posted e-mail notifications around 3-5 March. American decisions rolled out as early as 10-11 though.

I'm an alum of the college at UChicago, and saw on the alumni website that there's a Harris School event here in New York on Thurdsay to discuss the Mayor's Young Men's Initiative. The event says join the discussion "with fellow uchicago alumni, newly admitted Harris students..." I'm guessing they're referring to PhD students here...

I haven't heard anything back from Harris yet. I am international, but did my undergraduate in America. Are they still sending out admissions next week?

yeah I am also quite concerned about that, since I checked the results on thegradcafe many people had already received acceptance on 8th and 9th, and people after 9th seemed to get wailisted. Does it mean that I would be rejected as I haven't heard anything from them yet....55