Ohio State University

Mine's still "In Review," which I'll take as a glimmer of hope. I'm 0 for 2 so far and Ohio State might very well be the best fit of any school, so this will probably be indicative of my overall chances. Sorry bout the rejection user_name...I'm still waiting on Rutgers and Penn State myself (already rejected by Delaware).

I got an email today about setting up a phone chat. I haven't responded yet because I need to work out when the best time for me would be, but I'm very excited/nervous to hear the details!

spasticlitotes, don't fret! You'll definitely be contacted by someone soon.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

I just got off the phone with him -- it was about a fellowship nomination. I did catch the number of applicants, it was 20 spots out of 284 applications.

He didn't mention if all the acceptances had been sent out, but he did say there were two rounds of fellowship nominations so it's possible they're still deciding on that round of acceptances/nominations. Don't lose hope!

I got an email today about setting up a phone chat. I haven't responded yet because I need to work out when the best time for me would be, but I'm very excited/nervous to hear the details!

spasticlitotes, don't fret! You'll definitely be contacted by someone soon.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

I DID! :D I haven't stopped smiling, and my face feels like it's going to break. I couldn't even focus on my students in class today because I was a little too happy just breathing oxygen and existing. For those who haven't, if it helps, I have four rejections already, and I expect many more. This is one of those shooting in the dark things - I feel like I could have been playing darts in the dark with schools as targets for all it mattered. Who knows what they're actually looking for???

So what are your interests? I'm digital media studies. I basically applied to OSU for Cindy Selfe, but she's retiring in a few years, so I'm not sure how the timing is going to work out.

You know, that's an excellent question. Something along the lines of gender theory, postcolonial literature, American/British multi-ethnic literature, and the modern Asian diaspora in America and Britain? Ish? The narrative theory thing runs deep at OSU, so I'm hoping to have a piece of that, as well. Mostly, I just want to keep going to class and learning fun things. That feels wrong to say out loud. *sigh*

I spoke with Dr Frank Donoghue, who told me that fellowship notifications should be made on 12. March or so. The English department has competed very successfully for the fellowships in the past, but of course there are no guarantees. Good luck to everyone! (Accepted, wait-listed, or otherwise.)

Graduate School Fellowships, First-Year Awards info page

After each rejection is posted, I anxiously check my status, only to find it as "in review." I'm going crazy.

This is a mad way of sending out notices. Accepting a few people early on and then trickling out rejections for the rest of the month, leaving those "in review" with absolutely no sense of whether a rejection/acceptance/wait-list is impending.

I would email the department if not for superstition.

Just checked. Went from "In Review" to "Decision." Rejected. 0/6 now. Not looking good for me. So glad I worked so hard and busted my ass for four years to get rejected from all these schools.