Boston College

Hi hermia (my phone keeps changing that to hernia... Which is what this process causes). I agree, this is a bizarre one! My field is 19c British and American, feminist theory specifically issues of womens body image/self-starvation, with a dash of food studies.

Hi hermia (my phone keeps changing that to hernia... Which is what this process causes). I agree, this is a bizarre one! My field is 19c British and American, feminist theory specifically issues of womens body image/self-starvation, with a dash of food studies.

Awesome - that's some fascinating and important stuff. I've also been interested in feminist theory (and am kicking myself for not trying for Brandeis), primarily androgyny and the imagination in 20th c. literature. (Full disclosure: I have an unabashed girl crush on Cixous.)

Oh, and this twisted waiting game? A hernia indeed.

It sounds like they have given out all of their offers...sorry to crush any hopes, but with only four spots I'm not surprised they didn't show up on the results board. Good luck, everyone!

My hopes were completely crushed when I heard they had 4 spots this year... but send me my rejection letter already! I live so close to BC, I can see those spires looming over the treetops every morning on my walk to the T... I figured I'd be one of the first to hear, if they were notifying via snail mail.

My hopes were completely crushed when I heard they had 4 spots this year... but send me my rejection letter already! I live so close to BC, I can see those spires looming over the treetops every morning on my walk to the T... I figured I'd be one of the first to hear, if they were notifying via snail mail.

Yesterday, omeone on the results board from a discipline other than English wrote that she had gotten an email asking her to check her on her status on the website. The website told her that she had been rejected-- on January 30th. Really? 17 days to notify somebody? I understand that these departments are busy, but with everything automated on the website, I just don't get that.

commiserations Isidore :(

But FYI - BC always has 4-5 spots only - the program is kept deliberately small.

Edited by wreckofthehope

Just got an e-mail that I've been accepted to the MA program with a "scholarship" for the first year (with the "eligibility to compete" for a teaching fellowship in my 2nd year) - I would have been tempted to take them up on it just to be able to stay in Boston, but after visiting Amherst and the surrounding areas, I'm thinking it's just not worth it. Hopefully it will go to someone who has their heart set on BC...

Just got an e-mail that I've been accepted to the MA program with a "scholarship" for the first year (with the "eligibility to compete" for a teaching fellowship in my 2nd year) - I would have been tempted to take them up on it just to be able to stay in Boston, but after visiting Amherst and the surrounding areas, I'm thinking it's just not worth it. Hopefully it will go to someone who has their heart set on BC...

I am most definitely someone who has my heart set on BC. Research interests, city, (potential) funding... everything looks perfect. I'm dying right now.

• 1 month later...

I am most definitely someone who has my heart set on BC. Research interests, city, (potential) funding... everything looks perfect. I'm dying right now.

Well, I informed BC last week that I had accepted an offer from another school, so here's hoping my fellowship goes to you! Good luck!

Will anyone here be going to BC this fall for sure? I accepted one of those "funded" MA spots last week and I'm pretty excited about it, although it seems that others were not so thrilled about the idea. What exactly turned you away from the funded MA?

Hey there! I accepted the funded MA spot and am going to BC as well. I can't wait! Have you looked at the classes for next fall?