Boston College

Hey there! I accepted the funded MA spot and am going to BC as well. I can't wait! Have you looked at the classes for next fall?

I'm also really excited! The classes look fantastic. I don't yet know how registration works, but assuming I can just take all the classes I want to, I plan to enroll in "Contemporary Literary and Culture Theory," "American Nature Writing," and "Introduction to Advanced Research." I believe the last one is required of us. My area is 19th century American and critical theory. What classes are you thinking of taking/what's your area?

• 9 months later...

I'm actually really surprised they are notifying so early-- and BC is closed today and tomorrow because of the storm. I'm sure there will be more news soon...

I hope so... I would really love to go to Boston. But I also didn't expect to hear of them notifying before next week.

Hi guys-- not to be the bearer of bad news but perhaps a dose of realism, last year the DGS at BC told me they had 250+ apps and only had 4 spots... so 3 acceptances are posted, maybe waitlists have yet to go out?? Best of luck!

Just to confirm jma310, I'm one of this year's BC acceptances, and in an email, the DGS said that their class size is once again 4. I don't know how many they accept in total and how many they waitlist, but that seems to be their standard target class.

Just to confirm jma310, I'm one of this year's BC acceptances, and in an email, the DGS said that their class size is once again 4. I don't know how many they accept in total and how many they waitlist, but that seems to be their standard target class.

I'm one of BC's Ph.D. acceptances as well, and I posted on the results board.

And congratulations!!

I'm one of BC's Ph.D. acceptances as well, and I posted on the results board.

Congratulations!!!

Yep... Not even waitlisted apparently. :(

Edited by cbttcher

Thanks - you too!!

Oh, and cicada, I did my MA at BC, so I know a little about the PhD program from friends and a fair amount about the department and the area. Happy to answer any questions that you might have, if I can!

Oh, and cicada, I did my MA at BC, so I know a little about the PhD program from friends and a fair amount about the department and the area. Happy to answer any questions that you might have, if I can!

That would be wonderful, Katja! Thank you! I'll be sure to let you know. I'm sure I'll have some questions. 

So obviously at this point no acceptance or wait list means sayonara. Anyone know if they offer any funding with possible MA offers? I can't even consider paying another dime for education...bad enough we're shelling out 100 per school for apps and GRE reports etc.

So obviously at this point no acceptance or wait list means sayonara. Anyone know if they offer any funding with possible MA offers? I can't even consider paying another dime for education...bad enough we're shelling out 100 per school for apps and GRE reports etc.

Yep, it's possible! They admit some of their top MA acceptances with a first-year fellowship and then anyone can apply for a teaching fellowship your second year