You've got to remember, these departments are assembling their graduate cohorts based on their own needs. The process is often drawn out because they need to assemble a cohort that contains a particular diversity in applicants, and doing so takes time. It depends on the individual department, of course, but oftentimes that's the reason.

This is the flipside to the "it's all about fit" philosophy: when it's all about fit, it takes a lot of effort and care to get those fits to fit together.

Edited by ComeBackZinc

I got an e-mail that said something like "Brown University's Graduate School will never e-mail you directly. Go check your Embark account. You fail at life."

...or something like that... :blink:

Sorry. It was the same process for CompLit. I wish they'd just email a direct rejection, because that minute span it takes to log in to the online application offers so much unnecessary false hope.

i haven't been able to login to my account for like 2 weeks now. and it used to work! :( no email though here either...

also, note how many rejections were on the board from brown last year. they're definitely not done with their decisions. blah

If you can't log in to Brown embark, try using Mozilla Firefox or the latest version of Explorer.

Like many of you guys, my app displays no decision.

This is torturous. Seeing all the rejections come up gave me hope that I would be receiving an admit e-mail soon. Of course they're doing it on a day when the office is closed so there is nobody to answer the phones. Congrats Grimwig!

Edited by TryingAwfullyHard

Got an email. Accepted. CANNOT BELIEVE IT. DREAM PROGRAM. Going to go run down my street to get some of this energy off.

Congrats, Grimwig! Considering I'm applying with a science-y approach to British Modernism/Woolf, I'm pretty sure you've nabbed any spot I may have had, though... chapeau to you!