I had willed myself, since Jan 1, to forget I ever applied to Brown. Somehow, I thought this would be much healthier for me.

Yet, this in no way mitigated the virtual panic attack upon getting that email/decision/rejection.

[Now wishing I'd applied to more schools and been less whiny about exorbitant test/application fees.]

same three rejections, sigh

We can drown in misery (and I don't drink, but I'm thinking alcohol) together! Well, there are still some schools left! Brown was my top choice (I've never entertained the possibility of getting into Yale all that much), so my new top choice is UCONN. Don't let me down CT.

By the way, I love your avatar with all of my heart. Bridgewater's screening Muppets this Friday for students and I may need to go to cheer myself up.

We can drown in misery (and I don't drink, but I'm thinking alcohol) together! Well, there are still some schools left! Brown was my top choice (I've never entertained the possibility of getting into Yale all that much), so my new top choice is UCONN. Don't let me down CT.

By the way, I love your avatar with all of my heart. Bridgewater's screening Muppets this Friday for students and I may need to go to cheer myself up.

At this point i'm hoping for Penn State, I knew Brown was a reach. Still holding out for BU, though...

I hope Jason Segel warms your grad-school dejected heart :)

I'm going to collect all my rejections and turn them into a performance art project about failure in which I staple them to my body and then self-immolate while reciting Plath.

painfully inspiring, comfortably numb, it sounds like fun! (and artistic, of course). :P