NYU ITP 2012

sybil

congrats, helms. surprising that it's so early; bummer there's no scholarship money. tough decision. <sad face emoticon>

I still haven't heard back myself, but am still under the impression that most letters will be sent out at about the same time as last year.

Edited by NYCgee

I haven't heard either. They have a pretty high acceptance rate so I wouldn't worry much.

I wonder why helms heard so early. Any hypotheses? Assuming you're the person who posted on the results page, maybe they did international applications first?

Why on earth does it take them 4 months?

Edited by minderbinder22

@Helms and Jabrakes: Congrats! Are you guys International applicants? I guess International students need to get visas and stuff so early notification helps.

@Minderbinder22: I agree, I've heard that the acceptance rate is 1 in 3 at ITP.

I think it might be even higher than 1 in 3? At the information session he said there were 3 times as many applicants as there are students. But that would mean they have to accept more than a third since not everybody accepts. Or maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

@sybil: yep, I'm an international applicant - although I already live in NYC (on a work visa).

@minderbinder22: I only applied to NYU, I was running quite the risk haha. I also heard the acceptance rate was 1 in 3.

just following up on what minderbender said, march 19th was the 2nd to last weekend of march LAST year.

the second to last weekend of march THIS year is NEXT weekend, the 24th and 25th.

dunno if that helps anyone, but that got me to stop checking my inbox every 5 minutes. :)

Got my acceptance letter yesterday! super excited!

Just curious..what do you guys intend to study (specialize in?) at ITP? I am an electronics engineer.. i'll be more into physical computing/ geeky art installations. bt you never know..NYU seems like a place that can change you.. :)

And btw, where are you guys from? I am from India. Yes, the trend seems like intl students first..

Congrats for those who have been already accepted!

I was checking with Midori Yasuda in the morning and she said that they are sending out emails now.

Since there are many applicants, it takes time to send notice to all applicants. But she said we will get an email announcement anytime soon.

Best of luck for everybody who applied for ITP!

Edited by kwangde7

@thinkrSam: I'm from DC. India is awesome. What area are you from?

@kwangde: good news!

@mariapaulasaba: I also was accepted at Parsons, but without funding. only two schools I applied to. I prefer Parsons a bit more I think but I don't think I can do it without funding. We'll see what happens with NYU.

Edited by minderbinder22