University of Washington

Hm, I received a letter from UW today but no mention about funding... Guess that means it is unfunded?

I'm not sure. I don't think I'm going to accept my offer though, so at least one teaching assistant position should open up. Good luck!

Edited by eriksmegs

To those who got in with funding, does the TAship cover tuition plus living wages?

Yes. Tuition and health, vision, and dental are covered, plus you get a stipend of $13,725 a year (but this would go up to around $15,000 once I hit masters status, so if you are coming in with a masters you would probably start out at that).

Yes. Tuition and health, vision, and dental are covered, plus you get a stipend of $13,725 a year (but this would go up to around $15,000 once I hit masters status, so if you are coming in with a masters you would probably start out at that).

Thanks so much, just found out im on the wait list for funding, so fingers crossed!

My sympathies go to the person who just posted rejection for Washington on the boards. I'm sure I'll be joining you soon. There is likely some rational for this slow roll-out, but from this end it just feels hella cruel. Are they seriously sending one rejection per day?????

Is anyone in this thread (or lurking this thread) considering Comp Lit at UW? I got an acceptance email a while back, a copy of that same email by mail a few weeks later but no sign of the promised "packet of information."

I applied for Comp Lit (PhD) but still haven't heard anything. I checked the website and it only says "Submitted" but no decision yet. Fortunately I have an acceptance elsewhere already, but Washington would be a contender if I were accepted.

lolifer, were you accepted to the MA or PhD?

Edited by BRHM11

lolifer, were you accepted to the MA or PhD?

I applied for the MA. In retrospect I guess I should have at least tried for a PHD first, but my language skills are seriously lacking as it is.

For those who posted acceptances via mail, were these specifically for the master's or does that automatically mean you're in the PhD program once you complete your master's? Congrats!

For those who posted acceptances via mail, were these specifically for the master's or does that automatically mean you're in the PhD program once you complete your master's? Congrats!

They have an inclusive program much like Penn's. So, I applied and was accepted into the MA, but have the option to advance to the PhD noncompetitively.

Are there any current UW grads who are familiar with the program? I really want to go but am afraid of "falling through the cracks" in such a huge program. Are they good about spreading their attention to all grad students?

Thanks

Should I just assume that if I haven't heard anything about funding, I'm not getting any? I was just accepted last week. I want to email them to ask because I have a fully funded offer, and if there is no funding I'm just going to accept that.

Should I just assume that if I haven't heard anything about funding, I'm not getting any? I was just accepted last week. I want to email them to ask because I have a fully funded offer, and if there is no funding I'm just going to accept that.

I had the same issue a few weeks back so I emailed them. They told me that there was no funding for the first year but that there is a wait list for TAships. I would email the DGS though just in case. I'm in the same position--fully funded elsewhere and debating what to do.