Waiting it out: Canadian Political Science Programs Fall 2012

icarus99

Just heard yesterday from McGill's PhD program. I'm in!!!

Congrats! Anyone have any thoughts on how long it might take after PhD admits for MA admits? I'm an undergrad at McGill but my profs have been pretty cagey about whether or not they've even looked at applications.

Oops, I missed this post. Disregard my previous question.

I emailed McGill last Friday (about the MA decisions) and yesterday they replied saying that applications are currently under review, the committee will convene on March 21st and make final decisions, and that they will be released in the days following the 21st! Up until early April. Eeeek!

Yay! Not too long until I am out of my misery.

Woke up to an email from the University of Ottawa, MA in Public and International Affairs. I've been offered admission! Anyone waiting on that should be hearing from them soon. Still waiting on other programs to make a decision, but it's a relief to know that at least I'm going somewhere!

Just received an offer of admission to York University. For those still waiting, I hope yours is imminent.

Congrats on York! It seem it will be a tough decision for you! Do you have any special preference for the programs you've been accepted to/are waiting for?

Congrats on York! It seem it will be a tough decision for you! Do you have any special preference for the programs you've been accepted to/are waiting for?

Thank you! It appears that it might be - oh dear. I honestly wasn't expecting to get into more than one or two programs. I went into this process thinking that York and McGill were my top choices, so I'm going to wait to hear from McGill (hopefully this week!) before making any decisions. I would love any and all thoughts though!

I called York for PhD in political science. It is told that if you have not heard anything, this means that you are not accepted.

Indeed, they accepted only 1 international student. Xenaphobia!

Edited by foucaultmania

Just got a NPSIA acceptance, still waiting on U Ottawa. Official notice and funding to come as soon as its processed through the graduate faculty. Have been checking my email and this forum religiously and got notice while studying for my last business exam ever.... motivation to continue studying= zero.

Just got a NPSIA acceptance, still waiting on U Ottawa. Official notice and funding to come as soon as its processed through the graduate faculty. Have been checking my email and this forum religiously and got notice while studying for my last business exam ever.... motivation to continue studying= zero.

Congrats! Could I ask which cluster you applied for? I'd like to pretend to hold out hope by thinking that they're releasing notification by cluster/research area...

Thank you! It appears that it might be - oh dear. I honestly wasn't expecting to get into more than one or two programs. I went into this process thinking that York and McGill were my top choices, so I'm going to wait to hear from McGill (hopefully this week!) before making any decisions. I would love any and all thoughts though!

Are any of those schools offering an abundance in financial aid? I would consider that, then the program - whichever suits you best in that order. I find it's not as important in this day and age to pursue the program first (I'm a cynic)!

I hear York has a great program though, that's definitely a good list of choices you have.

For anyone who applied to UWO MA poli sci, I received an offer on March 9. Got an e-mail saying I was recommended for MA @ NPSIA just this afternoon by the graduate coordinator.

Wow, that early? I thought they weren't even handing out offers yet. That makes me a little nervous. :\

Congrats! Could I ask which cluster you applied for? I'd like to pretend to hold out hope by thinking that they're releasing notification by cluster/research area...

Intelligence and National Security... apparently they are sending out emails all week.

Thanks for the hope! I will cross my fingers. Intel/NatSec was my first choice, too--congratulations again.

Waitlist limbo for me! NPSIA is my only application, so I think I'm going to have "refresh finger carpal tunnel" by the end of this season. Heck, by the end of this week!

Waitlist limbo for me! NPSIA is my only application, so I think I'm going to have "refresh finger carpal tunnel" by the end of this season. Heck, by the end of this week!

We're on the same boat! I also got that email, but it wasn't my only program. I'm still waiting on some programs to get back to me. Best wishes my fellow waitlister, I hope we both make it off the waitlist!

We're on the same boat! I also got that email, but it wasn't my only program. I'm still waiting on some programs to get back to me. Best wishes my fellow waitlister, I hope we both make it off the waitlist!

Keep the faith! I have decided to imagine many already-accepted applicants suddenly meeting the person of their dreams, being swept off their feet, winning the lottery, and ending up happily ever after.. in Fiji! Just teasing--eventually accepted or not, we're in good company for a competitive program, which is a definite bright side. I can't help but be happy for everyone who has gotten in--should make for a great cohort.