Waiting it out: Canadian Political Science Programs Fall 2012

icarus99

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone has heard of this year's timelines for decisions for MA programs in Poli Sci. I applied to Carleton (NPSIA), McGill and Ottawa (Public and International Affairs) and have heard nothing yet. Are they still processing PhD applications?

Good luck to everyone!

Mcdonaad: I hope you hear back soon!

Saab: Thanks for the info! Did you get into both programs?

Badmomrising: I saw that date for NPSIA, it drives me nuts! Especially cause the Results Survey shows that people got acceptances around that date, so you must be right, they must be trying to keep the harassing from students to a minimum. I hope they get back to us soon, the wait is killing me!

Mcdonaad: I hope you hear back soon!

Saab: Thanks for the info! Did you get into both programs?

Badmomrising: I saw that date for NPSIA, it drives me nuts! Especially cause the Results Survey shows that people got acceptances around that date, so you must be right, they must be trying to keep the harassing from students to a minimum. I hope they get back to us soon, the wait is killing me!

I did. Will most likely turn down PoliSci though and free up a spot for somebody :) (my funding offer was quite high, so hopefully it frees up some money for somebody else too)

I did. Will most likely turn down PoliSci though and free up a spot for somebody :) (my funding offer was quite high, so hopefully it frees up some money for somebody else too)

Congrats! That's awesome, and I bet it was a tough call!

I'm waiting for a response from Ryerson for the Policy Studies PhD as well. My application hasn't been processed by the graduate admissions office yet, I'm concerned they won't get it to the committee in time!

I applied to NPSIA, but I will not be attending, as I have already received news from a program higher on my list.

Good luck to all who have applied, and do not worry, if I am accepted I will turn it down immediately.

I applied to the MA programs in poli sci at UBC, McGill, Queen's and U of T, and just received my offer from Queen's this morning. I have to respond by March 16th. Does anyone have any idea if the other offers will be out by then?

I applied to 6 programs and have been accepted by two. Waiting impatiently to hear back from McGill and Western.

fais202, I assume you have the same Queen's deadline as me, March 16th? I've heard that McGill is notoriously late in responding, so I'm not sure what to do. Have you contacted them about your application?

fais202, I assume you have the same Queen's deadline as me, March 16th? I've heard that McGill is notoriously late in responding, so I'm not sure what to do. Have you contacted them about your application?

I haven't contacted McGill, but I might email them and explain my situation.

Idk if you guys saw my post in the other thread, but I emailed McGill a month ago on Feb 2nd asking when admissions results for the MA applicants would be released. The graduate coordinator told me end of April/beginning of May. Idk if this is still the case and maybe they've been moving along quickly and everything will be sped up? Or maybe the opposite and everything's getting backlogged... I guess we can only sit and wait checking the results thread until something happens. Le sigh.

Idk if you guys saw my post in the other thread, but I emailed McGill a month ago on Feb 2nd asking when admissions results for the MA applicants would be released. The graduate coordinator told me end of April/beginning of May. Idk if this is still the case and maybe they've been moving along quickly and everything will be sped up? Or maybe the opposite and everything's getting backlogged... I guess we can only sit and wait checking the results thread until something happens. Le sigh.

Thanks for the info FloridaGator, I hope this is not the case though! It seems like an awfully long time to make decisions. Are they generally that late in responding? sigh...

According to last year's results, PhD results began coming out the first week of March and MA results began coming out mid-March around the 18th. This will probably not be the case this year because of the MUNACA strike backing everything up.

According to last year's results, PhD results began coming out the first week of March and MA results began coming out mid-March around the 18th. This will probably not be the case this year because of the MUNACA strike backing everything up.

But MUNACA workers went back to work last semester, and applications were not due until January. I don't think the strike would have affected admissions (at least, I hope not!)

I just received an acceptance to Carleton Political Science MA.

My application is being forwarded to FGPA for approval.

Stats:

4.02/4.3 GPA from small university (Criminology)

Several Research Assistanships

Diploma from community college

VERY strong LORs

I also received news that I was recommended by the department. My first response from universities, so it's a relief that it's positive. I'm slightly concerned about the 30 day response time though. If need be, will they be lenient?