Waiting it out: Canadian Political Science Programs Fall 2012

icarus99

To you waitlister's out there, I will be declining once the FGPA sends an offer.

I was also accepted to NPSIA and will likely reject the offer.

Thanks for letting us know and giving us some hope! :) I wish you guys all the best in the program you have chosen!

Keep the faith! I have decided to imagine many already-accepted applicants suddenly meeting the person of their dreams, being swept off their feet, winning the lottery, and ending up happily ever after.. in Fiji! Just teasing--eventually accepted or not, we're in good company for a competitive program, which is a definite bright side. I can't help but be happy for everyone who has gotten in--should make for a great cohort.

HAHAHA! Actually, can I meet the person of my dreams who will sweep me off my feet, win the lottery and go live in Fiji? You make it sound like an awesome alternative to grad school! But seriously, I agree with you, I am extremely happy for those who got in on the first round. It's such a competitive program and those who got in right away should feel extremely proud!

As for us, keeping the faith for sure! Must stay positive to survive this cycle!

Thanks for letting us know and giving us some hope! :) I wish you guys all the best in the program you have chosen!

HAHAHA! Actually, can I meet the person of my dreams who will sweep me off my feet, win the lottery and go live in Fiji? You make it sound like an awesome alternative to grad school! But seriously, I agree with you, I am extremely happy for those who got in on the first round. It's such a competitive program and those who got in right away should feel extremely proud!

As for us, keeping the faith for sure! Must stay positive to survive this cycle!

Just got the email... I'm in! So I hope whoever turned it down enjoys Fiji (or, I'm assuming, their dream school somewhere else!) Hold fast, fellow waitlister; your time is soon, too. I guess this means I have to finish micro and macro much, much faster than I've been working thus far. Not a bad kind of motivation, though :)

Just got the email... I'm in! So I hope whoever turned it down enjoys Fiji (or, I'm assuming, their dream school somewhere else!) Hold fast, fellow waitlister; your time is soon, too. I guess this means I have to finish micro and macro much, much faster than I've been working thus far. Not a bad kind of motivation, though :)

OMG!!! CONGRATULATIONS! That is such good news! That has just given me the hope I needed. I hope that I can get off the waitlist too! In the meantime, get cracking on those economics courses!

And for those that know they don't want to go to NPSIA, turn it down please! You could make someone (like me) very very very happy! :)

Rejected from McGill :( MA in Political Science with the European studies option.

I'm sorry dufromage! A good friend of mine was also just rejected with a good GPA and killer LORs (from McGill to boot). I guess sometimes it really is a crapshoot.

I also got an email from McGill saying I was admitted. Just UofT left for me, but considering they already have sent out admits I'm not that confident. They aren't funding, so I wouldn't have gone there anyway. I just want closure.

I also got an email from McGill saying I was admitted. Just UofT left for me, but considering they already have sent out admits I'm not that confident. They aren't funding, so I wouldn't have gone there anyway. I just want closure.

That's odd, I was under the impression that McGill was harder to get into, as the UofT program is 2+ times the size... See crapshoot comment above. But yes, I agree, There is no way I can afford to live in Toronto without much funding.

Very excited for McGill! Now if only they would send out funding info!

Anybody else waiting on UVic MA Poli Sci? My site status remains "under review." Fingers crossed I may be on their second-tier and just waiting for a few first round decline of offers...

I'm actually facebook illiterate. You do not want me to attempt to create a page/admin it!

Has anyone received their official letters yet? Getting really impatient!

Just wondering if those who have been accepted could help us waitlisters out by posting how long you have to accept offers or when deadlines are? I was waitlisted for the Global Governance program at Waterloo and I am wondering when those who were accepted will accept or decline...

Thank you :)

I'm actually facebook illiterate. You do not want me to attempt to create a page/admin it!

Has anyone received their official letters yet? Getting really impatient!

Haven't received my official offer yet - I e-mailed my advisor about it, and he said it would take 1-2 weeks. Got my e-mail on Monday, so I guess I'll start expecting the offer at the beginning of this coming week.

And I would volunteer to make the group except - and this is going to sound a little odd - but I feel like if I make the group myself, I'll incur the wrath from high atop the thing and not get admitted by the FGPA! Anyone feeling more confident want to do it?

Edited by pitypie

Haven't received my official offer yet - I e-mailed my advisor about it, and he said it would take 1-2 weeks. Got my e-mail on Monday, so I guess I'll start expecting the offer at the beginning of this coming week.

And I would volunteer to make the group except - and this is going to sound a little odd - but I feel like if I make the group myself, I'll incur the wrath from high atop the thing and not get admitted by the FGPA! Anyone feeling more confident want to do it?

Not now that you have summoned doom upon us! No way am I risking it. And wait--you have your own advisor already? As in, someone you're already in contact with about research?

Not now that you have summoned doom upon us! No way am I risking it. And wait--you have your own advisor already? As in, someone you're already in contact with about research?

Ah, poor choice of words - my bad. I meant advisor in a much less rigid sense; I was referring to the professor I was told to e-mail about funding, etc.

And I'm sorry for summoning the doom! Maybe we should all go outside, turn around three times and spit to ward off the doom...

Anybody else waiting on UVic MA Poli Sci? My site status remains "under review." Fingers crossed I may be on their second-tier and just waiting for a few first round decline of offers...

If you're really interested in finding out, I would just call them or send the grad secretary an email. Things like mystatus and myfile are notorious for being out-of-sync with the actual process, e.g. even if your app is admitted or rejected it will come up as "under review."

If you're really interested in finding out, I would just call them or send the grad secretary an email. Things like mystatus and myfile are notorious for being out-of-sync with the actual process, e.g. even if your app is admitted or rejected it will come up as "under review."

That was my impression too. However, scanning the "Results Survey" indicates that a lot of applicants to UVic were accepted or rejected only by their mystatus page. Anyway, I will probably call later this week.