Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

The frustration is palpable!

Just noticed a UPenn rejection. I wonder if that's throug the history department or an asian studies dept?

Although I didn't report it on the website, I did receive a rejection from UPenn South Asia Studies Center today. So there is a possibility that it was someone who had applied to South Asia Center. Oh and do I even need to mention that I am quite gutted by the rejection. :s If nothing works out I do have a Duke History offer with me but I am not too sure if I will be able to confront the barrage of rejection letters in the right spirit. Not a good way to start your day. A rejection inevitably makes me feel stupid and dumb =/

Virmundi - if the information in your PM wasn't too private, would you mind sharing it here? I think there are a lot of Yale applicants who have been waiting for word. And on the contrary, thank you for the news; this would be literally the first clue I've gotten on *any* of my apps, so I'm relieved to hear even bad news!

Virmundi - if the information in your PM wasn't too private, would you mind sharing it here? I think there are a lot of Yale applicants who have been waiting for word. And on the contrary, thank you for the news; this would be literally the first clue I've gotten on *any* of my apps, so I'm relieved to hear even bad news!

Hi there -- actually the PM was pretty private so forgive me for not posting it here as well... in essence, I do believe that all of the strictly Dept. of History decisions have been finalized and sent out... 

Although I didn't report it on the website, I did receive a rejection from UPenn South Asia Studies Center today. So there is a possibility that it was someone who had applied to South Asia Center. Oh and do I even need to mention that I am quite gutted by the rejection. :s If nothing works out I do have a Duke History offer with me but I am not too sure if I will be able to confront the barrage of rejection letters in the right spirit. Not a good way to start your day. A rejection inevitably makes me feel stupid and dumb =/

The UPenn South Asia rejection was me. Not through the history department. And aaiiee, I too am quite disappointed. Congratulations on Duke, that's fantastic! I am currently 3/11 rejections with no acceptances so I am beginning to think the PhD ship has sailed for me. Hopefully the next few weeks has some good news in store for both of us!

I know that it's hard not to take the rejections personally (but do keep in mind that there are SO many factors in play for graduate admissions) but you got into Duke! You are obviously one smart cookie!

hey what's the story on that UC Davis acceptance? they're my top choice and i'm chomping at the bit for any and all info

my heart skipped a beat when i logged in and saw that this morning but alas all my emails were from ticketmaster

Yeah. I've been unsubscribing like mad to all the ridiculous e-mail updates I get from various places that I'd always happily ignored. Nothing like anticipation to give me the motivation I needed to actually find and follow the unsubscribe links.

I've seen Chicago has done its Political Science departments and maybe Art History. Does anyone know when History is up? It looks like last year it was right around this time. I've grown pessimistic but Chicago is my top choice so I'm hoping for the best...

Yeah. I've been unsubscribing like mad to all the ridiculous e-mail updates I get from various places that I'd always happily ignored. Nothing like anticipation to give me the motivation I needed to actually find and follow the unsubscribe links.

I've seen Chicago has done its Political Science departments and maybe Art History. Does anyone know when History is up? It looks like last year it was right around this time. I've grown pessimistic but Chicago is my top choice so I'm hoping for the best...

I know. I am eagerly awaiting Chicago as well! Based on past years it seems like it should be soon, but who knows. (They also do their rejections much later which will be painful).

Also -- if you have gmail it's allll about the filters. You can filter irrelevant emails (that perhaps you don't want to totally unsubscribe from) to skip your inbox and go to another folder. There you can read it -- eventually, but it won't give you a "new mail" heart attack every few seconds.

The UPenn South Asia rejection was me. Not through the history department. And aaiiee, I too am quite disappointed. Congratulations on Duke, that's fantastic! I am currently 3/11 rejections with no acceptances so I am beginning to think the PhD ship has sailed for me. Hopefully the next few weeks has some good news in store for both of us!

Thanks for the information. And condolence to you. There's really no predicting how acceptances and rejections will come out. I'm sure there is some good news that awaits you.

Thanks for the information. And condolence to you. There's really no predicting how acceptances and rejections will come out. I'm sure there is some good news that awaits you.

Thanks, benedicite! I sure hope you are right  :)

Today I met with a postgraduate admissions lady at Aber to ask about funding. Unfortunately I'm not eligible for the 10-20% off as my "special" case means I'm not an Aber grad. I still have to check with the department about work study but...

I believe I've made my decision! I did the math and I realized a few things- my fav in the US (without funding) is 6 times as expensive as Aber. Absolutely insane! They'd have to give me close to $50,000 in funding to make it close and that's unheard-of funding in Public History/MLIS world.

I also found out I have close to $20,000 left in my undergrad college fund which means I would only have to take out a small loan for housing and food to graduate from Aber.

Course, can't make it official until SC let's me know but...yay!

I wish everyone loads of luck in the rest of the waiting. I've got coca-cola cake, tea and wine waiting for whomever needs a pick me up!

A Columbia acceptance is up. Anyone want to reveal if it was a POI leak or if there's an indication that all acceptances are out? (It would be nice in general if everyone who posted an acceptance did this!)

A Columbia acceptance is up. Anyone want to reveal if it was a POI leak or if there's an indication that all acceptances are out? (It would be nice in general if everyone who posted an acceptance did this!)

Yes, leave us a little comment! (aka leave us a little hope).

I wish everyone loads of luck in the rest of the waiting. I've got coca-cola cake, tea and wine waiting for whomever needs a pick me up!

Congrats on reigning in on a decision, annieca! But I really want that cake, tea and wine....for the rest of the semester.  -_-