Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

Wow! Lots of decisions today--and congratulations to those who have been accepted! I'm getting really frustrated on hearing nothing yet from my programs. Then again, none of my programs except for Madison have admission decisions reported. I just want to hear something, maybe the mail man will bring me good news today. I told him yesterday he better bring me an acceptance letter and he got a kick out of it  :P

Edited by History Time

Wow! Lots of decisions today--and congratulations to those who have been accepted! I'm getting really frustrated on hearing nothing yet from my programs. Then again, none of my programs except for Madison have admission decisions reported. I just want to hear something, maybe the mail man will bring me good news today. I told him yesterday he better bring me an acceptance letter and he got a kick out of it  :P

I know what you mean. There was quite a bit of activity for me last week, and really nothing so far this week. I thought it was going to come all at the same time, but I guess it comes it fits and spurts.

Because everyone else seems to be getting their UW-Madison admissions decisions, I check my mail box, every single day. Receiving junk mail has never been so annoying before: You see mail; hope lifts; checks mail; it's junk.  <_<

I'm just so confused that if UW-Madison has made its admission decisions already, why is the website not updated? 

Anyways, today was a pretty active day for most people. Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance! 

So those three Yale admits yesterday.... was that it from them?  :blink: I know last year they staggered over a few days, but that there's been no new ones today seems pretty weird.

Really thought I was going to hear something today. The silence is starting to get to me! At least it seems very likely Princeton is gonna do their thing tomorrow (and break my heart, I'm sure). But I'm ready for news, any news! Who knew short little February could be so torturously long.

Seriously...the waiting is getting so aggravating, especially given all the predictions this would be an "early" year! I'm just going to chalk it up to the need to make difficult decisions, if only to make myself feel like my application hasn't been lingering this whole time on the auto-reject pile.

Last year there seemed to be clusters around the 8th/9th and the 14th, so hold your breath, I guess...

Edited by czesc

My understanding is that only some admits are invited, and some maybes who later either get accepted or rejected, but that not being invited doesn't equal rejection by any means. 

What I wonder now is whether all these invites are out or whether this person received special notice.

Edited by czesc

I'm pretty convinced that at this point it's all reading tea leaves and interpreting omens. I found out that the online status checker for UW-Madison gets updated once a day at 7 AM, and my mail arrives around 3 PM. So I am resolving that I will check my online status once in the morning and then my mail in the afternoon. Then I will continue my day, resolving to check again the next day. 

These obsessive, triple checking of the status of an application, including applications that I have looked up several times that I know won't have information released until March, is entirely a waste of my time. The apps are out of my hands, so yeah.

I'm going to do my best and buckle down, grabbing onto coursework or research or relevant distraction for the time being. (: 

So those three Yale admits yesterday.... was that it from them?  :blink: I know last year they staggered over a few days, but that there's been no new ones today seems pretty weird.

All of the Yale decisions have been made for History this year -- and I believe that they've notified everyone now...

It actually is pretty much summed up with what I said.  Most people who are admitted to NYU seem to get invites to the perspective thing but a significant number of admits were not invited in previous years.  And from my friends who went it was rather ... shall we say... nail biting.  Hardly informal, not in the sense of formal manners but it is essentailly a group job interview with a lot of people desperate for a job.  Most perspective visits are people who have already been admitted and so there isnt' the wiff of deperation in the air.  They also take a significant number of people off their wait lists, inform both the first around and the wait lists as late as possible. 

It's pretty brutal.

All of the Yale decisions have been made for History this year -- and I believe that they've notified everyone now...

Guess I'll assume rejection, then! Oh well. Wish they would hurry up and tell us (why do schools send out their rejections long after their admits? Seems wasteful of everyone's time and nerves).

Guess I'll assume rejection, then! Oh well. Wish they would hurry up and tell us (why do schools send out their rejections long after their admits? Seems wasteful of everyone's time and nerves).

I'm not sure why they don't notify everyone all at once either, unless it is to consider who they are going to extend offers to enroll in master's programs with partial funding and the like. In any case, I am quite sorry to have been the bearer of this news -- I was on tenterhooks myself at the beginning of February last year... 

I'm not sure why they don't notify everyone all at once either, unless it is to consider who they are going to extend offers to enroll in master's programs with partial funding and the like. In any case, I am quite sorry to have been the bearer of this news -- I was on tenterhooks myself at the beginning of February last year... 

How certain are you?  Did a member of the faculty tell you?  (Going crazy/rabid for information here...)