Mid-atlantic(ish) schools (Penn, UMD, JHU, etc)

pmcclory

Hey all,

I was wondering if many people had applied to, and if so heard from some of the big schools in the greater mid-atlantic area:

Penn, UMD, JHU, Brown, Pitt ...

Feel like I'm a toss up to slight reach at most of them (but what do I know). Let me know.

Applied to JHU, haven't heard from them except on 4 Feb when they inquired about a late rec. (Which thankfully has now finally been finished and submitted to the appropriate schools.) I would guess this means they're now shifting or have shifted into full scale file review. History on the results page indicates they usually start sending out information the first half of march.

as for maryland:

We are in the process of reviewing applications now and hope to have decisions out this week and next.

Found out because they emailed me saying they never got my scores (definitely forwarded them months ago, ETS messed up) asking me to scan in a copy of them (at least they didn't throw away my application!).

So will hopefully be hearing from them pretty soon.

as for maryland:

We are in the process of reviewing applications now and hope to have decisions out this week and next.

Did they directly tell you this or you only found out it since they wanted your test scores?

sounds like i might be out of the running for penn then. bummer. haven't gotten one of the rejections that have been popping up over the past few days (status still says "under review"), but it's probably forthcoming.

in happier news, just got an email saying that maryland's visit day is March 27th.

sounds like i might be out of the running for penn then. bummer. haven't gotten one of the rejections that have been popping up over the past few days (status still says "under review"), but it's probably forthcoming.

I'm curious, where are you seeing the "under review" status? It just tells me that my app is submitted, as far as I can tell. I wish they'd just tell us if we weren't getting in, honestly.

Did you hear back from them? Did they email or snail mail you?

Also, off topic, but are you by any chance Greek? Your nickname seems distinctively greek...

UMD sent me both an email and a letter (exact copy of the email). Visit day on the 27th (separate email).

almost everyday there are one or two rejections from UPenn popping up on the results. how much if the possibility of one getting accepted if the status still shows 'under review'. anyone with any definite news?

almost everyday there are one or two rejections from UPenn popping up on the results. how much if the possibility of one getting accepted if the status still shows 'under review'. anyone with any definite news?

When you say your status shows "under review", which webpage are you referring to? Is there a status check page for UPenn that I'm not aware of?

When you say your status shows "under review", which webpage are you referring to? Is there a status check page for UPenn that I'm not aware of?

applyyourself page for UPenn. (same one I use for applying). Shows 'under review' in application status portion. also includes status of all other documents and recommendations.

applyyourself page for UPenn. (same one I use for applying). Shows 'under review' in application status portion. also includes status of all other documents and recommendations.

That is so weird. Mine shows "Completed," which I'm pretty sure is the same status it's had since I submitted it. No idea what that means.

I just did that, but judging from the fact that their visiting weekend has happened already, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is going to be.

Oh, as I was typing this got an automated email from the graduate coordinator saying he'll be out for the next 3 days and will respond when he returns. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer.