Apply for Research Assistant position with possible lack of academic reference?

abc123xtc

I am applying for a research position at the university that I am attending for my masters. They require two academic letters of reference for this job. One of my former professors, who also wrote me a LOR for my grad school apps, agreed to tweak his existing LOR and mail it. The second professor I asked, who has wrote me an LOR before, has yet to respond to me about writing another LOR. While it has only been a day since I have emailed her, I feel worried because she has not been replying to my updates regarding graduate school. She has been very reliable otherwise. Am I needlessly worrying? At what point do I call her office and speak with her directly? I absolutely despise talking on the phone, which is why I prefer emails. I also sent her a thank you gift last week for all that she has done for me so far, so I doubt she has ill will towards me.

Also, I will need this LOR sent out next month. I realize it's short notice, but I only found out about it a few days ago.

I will be out of the country for a long weekend, so should I call her before I leave (which would be tomorrow) or wait until I get back (Monday)?

I would really appreciate your thoughts. I know I tend to be a worrier.

Edited by abc123xtc

I swore I wouldn't be the person who worried about every little detail in the application process... until I actually got to this point.

Thanks for the input. Hopefully she gets back to me soon!

I called my professor, and I got the LOR sorted. She sounded really pleased to hear from me, and she said she was glad I called because she had a couple of questions regarding the application.

However, my mom thinks I went overboard by calling her and emailing her the same week. Was I wrong to call her so soon? :/