2012 Admitted Thread

karmapolice,

are you definitely choosing Columbia? I also got into Medill, but i wanted to be in NYC, especially for a magazine concentration. And I got waitlisted at NYU, so I'm just accepting Columbia :)

Journerdalist,

I was trying to decide between Medill and Columbia, and CU won out because of the location and course. I'm doing magazine journalism, and there is really no better place to be than NYC. Also, it seems that Columbia integrates digital media in its classes - there's also the Delacorte lecture series for magazine writers. Honestly, it depends on your concentration, but for me, it was a no-brainer. And I didn't get into Berkeley haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am an international student from India, who has been admitted to the MS programme in journalism in Columbia Journalism School for (2012-13). I am waiting for the results of few of the scholarships i had applied to. Could anyone tell me of any other scholarships available for international student. 2) What visa should i appy for 3) For those who are already part of the programme could you tell me what to expect

Hey folks,

Good to see quite a few of you from India here - be great to possibly meet you guys at J-school eventually!

I've an admit from CUNY and waitlist from Columbia - but am yet to hear from NYU. If you've a decision from NYU, when/how did you hear back? Do you know when I can expect progress on Columbia's waitlist?

Please to help by sharing info.

Cheers,

~S.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

got into CUNY with funding :) and Syracuse as well.

so far:

Accepted: CUNY, Syracuse, UTexas at Austin, UNC, BU, Medill

Waitlisted: NYU (Magazine) - first choice so i hope someone rejects

Waiting: Columbia and USC

Hi nikim89,

Could you elaborate a bit on your profile. I'm new to the forum and I'm considering applying to some of the journalism programs you mentioned above.

Thanks.