NYU Media, Culture & Communication MA (MCC)

I am sure some of you are waiting on NYU's MCC MA program -- so let's wait together! I am REALLY into this program and would love to know they are just that into me too...

Me three (second time around)! I received a rejection letter last year on the 16th of March, so I know it's any day now. The wait is the hardest part! Fingers crossed for some good news!

Edited by ss456

Bah! I was hoping to hear this week, but nada. I keep checking Albert to see my application status, but nothing on there is new. Let's cross our fingers for next week!

Which specialization did you guys apply for?

Congrats! Were you the lone notification on the results board? I saw that and totally panicked since I haven't heard anything. Any secret details to divulge?

Congrats to trippytraveler and, if you were the lone person who posted they got accepted, you panicked me as well! Hopefully we all have good news this next week! Good luck everyone!

Congrats!  Were you the lone notification on the results board?  I saw that and totally panicked since I haven't heard anything.  Any secret details to divulge?

Yup, that was me!I've been half panicking myself since nobody else has posted on the results board :S My acceptance email gave me a NetID, logged into Albert for the first time, and clicked on Admissions Offer. I did apply some days before the deadline -- maybe they're rolling them out this year. Good luck!

Just got the email--I'm in! So relieved, since it looks as if I'm going to take this offer barring any crazy financial aid from my remaining programs. Is anyone going to the 4/2 open house?

Just got the email--I'm in! So relieved, since it looks as if I'm going to take this offer barring any crazy financial aid from my remaining programs. Is anyone going to the 4/2 open house?

Congrats!

I can't make the open house, unfortunately. But let me know how it is?

I've been accepted into the program as well! I couldn't be more excited to move to NYC after my undergrad at Mich. State in E. Lansing.

One question: My acceptance email did not have a NetID in it. Would it be wise to contact admissions, so that I can log into Albert and thus accept my offer? Will the NetID come in my acceptance letter as well?

I've been accepted into the program as well! I couldn't be more excited to move to NYC after my undergrad at Mich. State in E. Lansing.

One question: My acceptance email did not have a NetID in it. Would it be wise to contact admissions, so that I can log into Albert and thus accept my offer? Will the NetID come in my acceptance letter as well?

If you look around, there is a page that uses your N ID number to produce a NetID. My aid info is nowhere on the backend yet, but I got in there (Albert too) and looked around.

I talked to financial aid this morning and they told me they haven't started awarding packages to master's students yet. I don't know if that means merit or everything, but she said that is why there is no info on my backend. Hope you guys find that helpful.

If you look around, there is a page that uses your N ID number to produce a NetID. My aid info is nowhere on the backend yet, but I got in there (Albert too) and looked around.

Thanks! In fact, I did receive a second e-mail, and that one had my NetID and other information. I think I will wait on more information from financial aid to actually accept my offer, though I'm going to accept it no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

After yesterday's open house, I accepted my offer to MCC--is anyone else going to be starting with me in September? I felt like such a spaz last night...it's been a long time since I've been the new kid at school!

how was the open house? i'm guessing it was pretty good if it made you accept!

i'm all the way in california so i couldn't go. haha.

Well, the open house was just a barometer of how the program was, since the department had already given me the best offer of all the programs I was choosing from. I thought the most useful parts of the night were a discussion of the health of the department (they are hiring faculty! they have a lot of resources!) and how much they care about the MA cohort and helping the MA students with PhD admissions. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to all those admitted! I'm considering applying next year - anyone willing to share their stats? (Ugrad GPA, GRE, Internships) Thanks!

Edited by lancc

Congrats to all those admitted! I'm considering applying next year - anyone willing to share their stats? (Ugrad GPA, GRE, Internships) Thanks!

Sure! I was admitted with pretty good funding for an NYU MA program. 3.4 / 147Q / 164V / 4.5AW

4+ years in PR and digital strategy. Killer SOP and writing sample.

• 2 months later...

Congrats everyone! Have any of you done campus visits or talked with professors in the department? I'd love to hear any impressions or stories you have so far.

I am really interested in applying to NYU's Media, Culture, & Communications master's program this coming fall. I'm also thinking about applying to the Integrated Marketing & Communications program in NYUs Continuing Studies school. Does anyone have any inside information about the potential benefits of either? Does the MCC program have more stringent admissions criteria and/or a better reputation than the continuing studies school?

I just took my GRE and got 161 Verbal and 151 Quantitative--haven't heard back on AW scores, but I'm feeling pretty good about them. I have a 3.16 undergrad GPA from a competitive school (with progressively better grades my last two years). Do you think I have a chance at getting into either the MCC or IMC at NYU?

Out of curiosity, where else did you guys apply? I want to apply to a bunch of schools to make sure I get in somewhere. Would love to hear your thoughts on similar programs.