Northern Arizona University

Ggrosso

Hello! I was hoping to connect with other accepted students for Northern Arizona Universities Communication Disorders/SLP Master's program.

I'm coming from Portland State University as a Post-Bac student with my Bachelor's in English. Still waiting to hear from four other schools, but beyond thrilled with an acceptance to NAU!

Anyone else out there considering offers from NAU?

I was just accepted to NAU as well and will most likely be attending (unless one of the other universities I applied to is feeling generous and offers me funding!). I did my post bacc at NAU and currently live in Flagstaff, so if you have any questions about the city or the program I'd be happy to help.

Hi!

I was accepted to the leveler's track since I don't have any prereqs completed. NAU is my 3rd choice and I'm currently waiting to hear back from my top two choices (CU-Boulder and UCF). I was still beyond excited when I found out I was accepted. My only concern with NAU is out-of-state tuition costs. I know that CU-Boulder will have you pay out-of-state for the first year and then you can apply for residency and pay in-state after that (or so I've been told)?? Some places will absolutely not let you do that, however. Anyone know NAU's stance on this? Or the state of Arizona in general? If we all end up attending we need to plan a gradcafe meetup when school starts. Congrats everyone!

Hi everybody! I got into NAU, MA TESL program. This is my top choice and I will definitely be attending NAU.

I was awarded a teaching assistantship which includes full tuition remission and a stipend. And in my letter of appointment it is stated that "a tuition remission will cover 100% of your tuition cost whether you are in-state or out-of-state student". However, on the website of NAU it is said that "if you are an international graduate student and you have been awarded a TA, a tuition remission will cover out-of-state portion of tuition costs".

Does anyone know any details on that?

Hi everybody! I got into NAU, MA TESL program. This is my top choice and I will definitely be attending NAU.

I was awarded a teaching assistantship which includes full tuition remission and a stipend. And in my letter of appointment it is stated that "a tuition remission will cover 100% of your tuition cost whether you are in-state or out-of-state student". However, on the website of NAU it is said that "if you are an international graduate student and you have been awarded a TA, a tuition remission will cover out-of-state portion of tuition costs".

Does anyone know any details on that?

I would contact your department, but in the math department we have several international students working as GTAs who receive the full tuition waiver. Based on that information I'd guess you will get 100% tuition remission. Good luck and I hope you enjoy NAU!

I was also accepted to NAU for SLP for fall 2012. I got my B.S. from ASU and live in Tempe right now. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools but am strongly considering attending NAU!

Hey guys! I just got my acceptance to NAU, and I was hoping to room with someone from the program. If you are interested or know of anybody who might be just let me know :)