Email recommenders after acceptance

chronicx

There's nothing odd about hand-delivering a card. I think giving presents is kind of awkward because it seems almost like a bribe, but there's nothing wrong with cards and I think personally delivering them would be a nice touch.

How do you bribe someone after the fact?

Do you think it'd be odd to personally deliver a card? All of my recommenders are fairly close so I'd like to thank them some way.

Not at all! I hand delivered mine to all but one cause he was out of the office at the time. I'm sure it depends on the relationship, but certainly if you are somewhat close with them I think it would be certainly appropriate and they would not see it as a bribe at all. As someone else said its hard to bribe after the fact unless you are still in a class with them, but even then a thank-you is still appropriate.

Agree that it's hard to bribe after the fact -- but gifts do make some people uncomfortable. Still, I think it is a nice gesture. I thanked my recommenders before hearing back from schools, because the help they all provided me would have been appreciated even if I had not been accepted anywhere. Of course, I told them the good news right away when I did get accepted, and they were all thrilled for me. In all, my interactions with my recommenders was the best part of applying.