Blavatnik School @ Oxford

Blavatnick School of Government is a new baby of Oxford. One-year MPP, World-class faculty. I asked V-C what is the competitive advantage of the MPP, the answer is INTERNATIONAL FOCUS.

It is the first year to recruit students (about 30 students) and the result will be uncovered soon. The advantages are obvious: 1 one-year: less financial and opportunity cost 2 smaller class, more attention from tutors 3 interdisciplinary faculty 4 Oxford, the city of dreaming spires, always holds me back. The city is so gorgeous and the people there are nice ** If you are admitted, you will be recorded in the history of Oxford: ) **

Generally speaking, Oxford education is more illumination-oriented. It is an ideal place for Great Thinkers. The words I always heard there are "Dig deeper" " Reflection" etc. I am not sure if it works for MPP, a practice-oriented program.

Hope it helps! Good luck!

Haha thanks so much for the info, but I aksed because results were released yesterday (for me at least), and I was wondering if anyone else here had heard :)

Pretty small program and I'm not sure if all results are out yet, so I don't want to reveal my identity by divulging too much, but I'd love to PM people about this!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm applying for this, but I have no idea if I'd get in. I posted my stats at another thread, will link it here the soonest.

I do have a question though, in event of conditional offers, what type of results are they usually expecting from the applicant? (Undergrad degree) I'm still in my final year.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we are supposed to hear on the 20th or soon after. Last year did they release the information on the notification date or was it released earlier?

I also had an interview last week. I wonder if it is like Harvard Law where if you get an interview, you're a presumptive admit unless you bomb the interview?

Hey Guys

Also got interviewed for this program last week.I was told results would be out this week or the next...Still long time for me. Got a job offer and have to revert this week. Hope I will get some news soon

Hey Guys

Also got interviewed for this program last week.I was told results would be out this week or the next...Still long time for me. Got a job offer and have to revert this week. Hope I will get some news soon

If it's a very good job offer I would go ahead and take it. If you get into your top choice of school, you can most likely defer saying that you had a great job opportunity you couldn't pass on. I doubt they will say no. Only in MBA programs they tend not to defer.

Indeed It is a good job offer actually. Was thinking about calling them tomorrow and see if I could get any heads up.

Do you know if there are any deferral fees ? Checked that on the school website but saw no mention yet I know many schools asked for deposits

Just got my admission letter :)  ... but no word about financial aid. Would you know how long feedback on scholarships will be provided? Good luck to everyone