Hearing from the Kennedy School?

wabbitt09

I need to take my mind off the pain of the WWS waitlist. Anyone want to start freaking out about HKS? Anyone have any morsels of information to share?

I am still sticking by the original prediction of March 13! My proof? Well, Harvard's Spring Break starts on March 21 and goes through March 29. If they don't release decisions on Friday (or soon thereafter), the phone-a-thon to new admits will not take place until March 30, at the earliest. That's less than two weeks before the HKS open house. On the other hand, if decisions go out today the phone-a-thon can take place by next week, before the Spring Break. Indeed, the evidence is solid, and the logic is unquestionable. :lol:

By tonight, this forum will be abuzz with HKS talk.

So the decision should be out by Friday night then(US time)

I think MPA2 decision should be out earlier than others, the apps number doesn't increase from last year. what's the point of keeping it... :(

Do you really think we'll have to wait until night that they send it? Wouldn't it make more sense that if they want to do it, they'll do it during working hours?

Bear in mind, Friday (today) is a date that is largely our own creation! - although I must say linden's rationale is compelling and my "source" (2nd year student MPA) sounded like she knew what she was talking about..

Isn't it daylight yet? Why aren't they up and about calling people? I've gone through the euphoria of getting in and the crushing disappointment of being rejected so many times in my head that I can't think straight any more.

Bear in mind, Friday (today) is a date that is largely our own creation! - although I must say linden's rationale is compelling and my "source" (2nd year student MPA) sounded like she knew what she was talking about..

Still, Friday does have a very good standing on the pools :shock:

Would it by any chance be possible to get some more inside info from JFK, just to see if anything's stirring in the JFK-kingdom?

Isn't it daylight yet? Why aren't they up and about calling people? I've gone through the euphoria of getting in and the crushing disappointment of being rejected so many times in my head that I can't think straight any more.

Do you think they'll call today? I mean, isn't the drill that they first send out mails and then comes the phon-a-ton in the following days?

This date is scientifically proven, fellow forum-dwellers. It is a date that forumites announced after careful analysis of HKS/KSG's previous behavior. In the past three years, HKS has announced admits on the second Friday of March.

Give into the craziness. It's the only thing that keeps many of us going. :lol:

This date is scientifically proven, fellow forum-dwellers. It is a date that forumites announced after careful analysis of HKS/KSG's previous behavior. In the past three years, HKS has announced admits on the second Friday of March.

Give into the craziness. It's the only thing that keeps many of us going. :lol:

Thank you for keeping up with the craze linden.

I was wondering, could anyone comment on chances of getting in with only undergrad + extensive work experience during undergrad years. I know the stats say it's possible and a 10% or so students are such in the MPP.

Any thoughts?

Sorry don't have anything to contribute that's useful on that topic, applicant (we are sort of on two ends of the spectrum!)

Any internationals in this forum? I know I've PM-ed with at least one of you, are there others? From India, even?

Clearly I am just trying to find ways to spend my time. :)

Do you think they'll call today? I mean, isn't the drill that they first send out mails and then comes the phon-a-ton in the following days?

Oh yes it is. I guess I should move my phone from my ear now.

Sorry don't have anything to contribute that's useful on that topic, applicant (we are sort of on two ends of the spectrum!)

Any internationals in this forum? I know I've PM-ed with at least one of you, are there others? From India, even?

Hey I am Canadaian...although not as far as India, the US government sometimes treats us we're on the other side of the planet...lol.

So, I understand the logic with us finding out today (Friday) but what about that emil most of us recieved stating that we would hear end of March?

Exact email:

"This will be your final notice before decisions are emailed in the end of March. Thank you for your interest in the John F. Kennedy School of Government"

I couldn't sleep last night. I am a nut. And if they don't notify today, I can only imagine how nuttier I am going to get!

You think that's nuts?? I keep refreshing this forum hoping someone, somewhere has some news already!!!!

Now, that's NUTS...lol

I'm an international applicant, though not from as far as India. Europe in my case :)

I couldn't sleep last night. I am a nut. And if they don't notify today, I can only imagine how nuttier I am going to get!

I'm still not sure why we're all thinking it is today when everything from HKS has said the end of the month. Not that I wouldn't like to know today...

Hey I am Canadaian...although not as far as India, the US government sometimes treats us we're on the other side of the planet...lol.

So, I understand the logic with us finding out today (Friday) but what about that emil most of us recieved stating that we would hear end of March?

Exact email:

"This will be your final notice before decisions are emailed in the end of March. Thank you for your interest in the John F. Kennedy School of Government"

Thai from Thailand here, Wow I didn't think HKS MPP or MPA2'd attract lots of international students...

I'm still not sure why we're all thinking it is today when everything from HKS has said the end of the month. Not that I wouldn't like to know today...

You guys may get lucky. Afterall WWS said the 13th and they sent out decisions sooner.

I believe that's

Europe 1

Canada 1

Thailand 1

India 3

How great would our chances be if we comprised the entire pool of international applicants? heh.

ok. i'm off for at least an hour to watch prime time TV with my gran. Even she is doing more exciting things than I am.

I believe that's

Europe 1

Canada 1

Thailand 1

India 3

How great would our chances be if we comprised the entire pool of international applicants? heh.

ok. i'm off for at least an hour to watch prime time TV with my gran. Even she is doing more exciting things than I am.

Great, this sounds like interesting group of international folks:), although my chance is very slim :roll: I think I'm going out for a friday night poker now to give myself a break from hitting F4 all the time. Hope the email arrives soon...

You think that's nuts?? I keep refreshing this forum hoping someone, somewhere has some news already!!!!

Now, that's NUTS...lol

According the Grad Cafe Results Forum, someone said they received an email about 11:42 AM on March 14, 2008 (last years admit). So my guess they are already on their way through the system if they are send out today. :o