Negotiating Aid Packages

Does this mean when you get somewhere and they fund almost everyone in your class, but you? because this happened to me in a MA program. They felt that my teaching background didn't warrant a TA, and I can't go without it, and I don't know what to do....but its so costly funding is essentail....

I have been considering reaching out to my top choice and asking them to match my highest funding. Would this be totally insane?

Couldn't hurt! GPPI made it a point to include in their email to me that they do not take funding from other programs into account when providing merit aid XD ha ha

That's basically what I want to do as well, though it makes me nervous thinking about it.

Same. But let's try to be brave and diplomatic. The worst that can happen is they say no and we're back to the status quo.

Oh, I thought the OP was talking about the situation where your top choice doesn't give you as much money as a peer institution. Could be wrong though.

I'm not sure what "OP" means but if that means the person who started the post: then yes, I did mean that. Two of the second choices (both great schools - I didn't apply anywhere outside of top 10) gave me near-full rides, but SAIS gave me a fellowship of 8k.