SFU or UBC?

piccku

I'm a US citizen and I will likely be doing my MPH in Canada. In looking at, say epi position postings at various state governments, they typically explicitly state that the program must be certified. I think this is also a criteria for CDC positions. I'm not sure if NGO's or the private sector or the UN/WHO/PAHO take certification as seriously, but it seems that for various government jobs it is a standard requirement. If you have a dream-ish job that is based in the US, it is probably worth looking into that organization's current requirements.

From what I have read on this forum, a number of other Canadian unis (U of A, McGill, and Toronto have all been mentioned) have certification in the works, which supposedly applies retroactively for graduates from the previous 2 years.

Good luck to you. These decisions are almost more agonizing than all the waiting!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your SFU Offer. Both are good schools. I believe choice of school depends on one's interest and compatibility with that of the school. I applied to SFU Global Health and was placed on their waitlist. Good Luck to us all.