NDSEG 2012 - Fundopolotoplotopus

andrealphus

...the "me neither" in response to not having no letter on my awards page. I think it only can be accessed if you remained logged in before the page was taken down.

Yeah I got on there and was still logged in but nothing showed up. So, I logged out and now it won't let me log in again. At this rate, it'll be sunday before we hear anything. Here's hoping it'll be before then, because I dont think I'm going to get anything done this weekend with this still looming overhead..

I am logged into the page. It just says my name, Award Overview and Update Contact Info on the left hand side. The rest of the screen is blank.

It looks the same as when i logged into the https://ndseg.asee.org/award page. Now the https://ndseg.asee.org/award award page says the 2012 season awards are not open yet.

I was very bored and anxious, so I wrote some quick javascript to log-into the awards page.

The script then submits this info to the ASEE awards login. This does the exact same thing that the old-now-blocked-by-a-error-message login screen did. I would be interested to the people who saw this phantom letter can use this method to login.

I understand this looks pretty outrageous, but I included the source code so you can see that I'm not doing any funny business. First highlight, thne Drag and drop the following mess onto your bookmarks toolbar, then press it. You will be prompted for your username +pword.

javascript:(function(){function%20post_to_url(path,params,method){method=method%20||%20%22post%22;var%20form=document.createElement(%22form%22);form.setAttribute(%22method%22,method);form.setAttribute(%22action%22,path);for(var%20key%20in%20params){if(params.hasOwnProperty(key)){var%20hiddenField=document.createElement(%22input%22);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22type%22,%22hidden%22);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22name%22,key);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22value%22,params[key]);form.appendChild(hiddenField);}};document.body.appendChild(form);form.submit();};var%20uname=prompt(%22Username%22);var%20pword=prompt(%22Password%22);var%20params={%22email%22:uname,%22password%22:pword,};post_to_url('https://ndseg.asee.org/award/sessions',params,%22post%22);})();

Here is a cleaner version.

function post_to_url(path, params, method) {

method = method || "post";

var form = document.createElement("form");

form.setAttribute("method", method);

form.setAttribute("action", path);

for(var key in params) {

if(params.hasOwnProperty(key)) {

var hiddenField = document.createElement("input");

hiddenField.setAttribute("type", "hidden");

hiddenField.setAttribute("name", key);

hiddenField.setAttribute("value", params[key]);

form.appendChild(hiddenField);

}

};

document.body.appendChild(form);

form.submit();

};

var uname = prompt("Username");

var pword = prompt("Password");

var params = {

"email":uname,

"password":pword,

};

post_to_url('https://ndseg.asee.org/award/sessions',params,"post");

Edited by nbren12

Haha nice, could you log in that way and see your award letter? I could enter my username and password using your javascript, but still got the message that they were incorrect.

Haha nice, could you log in that way and see your award letter? I could enter my username and password using your javascript, but still got the message that they were incorrect.

I got the same message... I was just wondering if people who saw the letter were able to login. I tested out the script on the "/apply" page with the application status overview, and I could log in that way. If someone can login the /award site using this bookmarklet, I guess the decisions have been posted.

Thanks for that, nbren12. I tried your script with the same result, the "incorrect" message.

I do hope that those who saw the letter can try and confirm our suspicions.

I was not able to log in that way either.

The way I did it (in chrome) was:

On the award page, right click and select inspect element -> go to the console tab -> paste code in there and voila

Ctrl Shift J will bring up that tab as well.

Wait...sorry everyone. I made a stupid mistake. I guess my nerves are getting to me. Here is the corrected version. same instructions

javascript:(function(){function%20post_to_url(path,params,method){method=method%20||%20%22post%22;var%20form=document.createElement(%22form%22);form.setAttribute(%22method%22,method);form.setAttribute(%22action%22,path);for(var%20key%20in%20params){if(params.hasOwnProperty(key)){var%20hiddenField=document.createElement(%22input%22);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22type%22,%22hidden%22);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22name%22,key);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22value%22,params[key]);form.appendChild(hiddenField);}};document.body.appendChild(form);form.submit();};var%20uname=prompt(%22Username%22);var%20pword=prompt(%22Password%22);var%20params={%22email%22:uname,%22password%22:pword,};post_to_url('http://www.youtube.com/watch',{%22v%22:%22oHg5SJYRHA0%22},%22get%22);})();

Wait...sorry everyone. I made a stupid mistake. I guess my nerves are getting to me. Here is the corrected version. same instructions

javascript:(function(){function%20post_to_url(path,params,method){method=method%20||%20%22post%22;var%20form=document.createElement(%22form%22);form.setAttribute(%22method%22,method);form.setAttribute(%22action%22,path);for(var%20key%20in%20params){if(params.hasOwnProperty(key)){var%20hiddenField=document.createElement(%22input%22);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22type%22,%22hidden%22);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22name%22,key);hiddenField.setAttribute(%22value%22,params[key]);form.appendChild(hiddenField);}};document.body.appendChild(form);form.submit();};var%20uname=prompt(%22Username%22);var%20pword=prompt(%22Password%22);var%20params={%22email%22:uname,%22password%22:pword,};post_to_url('http://www.youtube.com/watch',{%22v%22:%22oHg5SJYRHA0%22},%22get%22);})();

make sure to use this new bookmarklet. I logged in, but just saw the blank screen. Don't know what that means.