Anyone Hear From the LBJ School?

golonghorns

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just browsing the FAQ and it looks like notifications will happen mid-march, although I read something (on this board, maybe?) that decisions were emailed as early as Feb. 20th. I applied to the dual degree MGPS program and it might differ from the MPAff program, but I would think that the time frame would be relatively similar among these two programs. I'm getting antsy!

I heard the MGP program was around 30 people this year. Do know if they plan on expanding the program this year. I am applying as an undergrad with international work experience with a 3.8 honors degree from a great school with solid GRE scores. I am a little concerned about my lack of work experience (post graduation).

Also waiting to hear from the LBJ School re the MGPS, I'm sooooo impatient! From the looks of last year's acceptances on gradcafe we could hope to hear by the end of next week. Where did you guys get the Feb 20th date from?

I think they got it from Yuster, because I saw it on there as well. And what makes me even more impatient is that they said it was rolling admissions...which doesn't make sense if we are going to all hear around mid March.

Past decisions have come through during the last week in February. Does anyone think we'll hear anything today?

They very well could. It does seem like notifications this year are taking slightly longer. If we don't hear today, I would wager money (not fingers :wink: ) that we'll hear next week.

I wouldn't think so. I, however, gave up hope when I wrote in my Texas SOP how I was very interested in the University of Chicago. :)

Haha! I could so easily have done that especially as I applied to both schools too. I wouldn't worry though, I reckon that must happen quite often!

Maybe they'll find your honesty refreshing and admit you anyway. :wink:

Haha. I've been fairly indifferent to LBJ through the whole process. It wasn't part of my original ten, but one of my referees went their and encouraged me to apply. I'm really just curious to see what happens.

I wouldn't think so. I, however, gave up hope when I wrote in my Texas SOP how I was very interested in the University of Chicago. :)

OMG!!! HAHAHAH did you seriously do that ???? Or are you joking??? that is too funny if you did!!! And I too am dying about LBJ.....I was really counting on hearing this week....but really crossing my fingers for next....

No joke. :)

I used the same SOP for each graduate school. The only exception was the last paragraph, which I geared towards professors at the school and why I specifically wanted to attend. However, I forgot that in another paragraph I mentioned the school by name. So, while I changed the last paragraph, I forgot to change the school name mentioned earlier. We'll see what happens.

I said it before, but I'm really curious to see how this works out.

i couldnt sleep last night because of my nervousness about LBJ...the more and more it think about it...this is my top choice..mainly because it will be instate tuition for me and i don't want debt! pleaseeeeeeeeeee Godddddd make me a longhorn!!

"AllOverthePlace" : Did you receive an acceptance decision from LBJ? What program ( MPA/ MGPS/ PHD)? And how...by email/phone/ postal service?

Thanks..and congratulations!!

Wow omg congratulations!!!! Just out of curiosity, what does this imply for those of those who didn't hear on Friday? They don't send out all admissions on the same day do they? :?

Which program did you apply for golonghorns? I applied to the MGPS and hope we hear back soon!!