Anyone Hear From the LBJ School?

golonghorns

Also still waiting to hear, but from the PhD program. Really hoping that this one comes through for me, as I did my undergrad at UT and would love to come back to Austin. No change on the online status yet. Good luck to all - hope we all hear soon!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UT is pretty damn slow in general. I went there for undergrad and didn't find out I got in until April, and many of my friends who applied there for grad school (other departments) haven't found out anything yet, either.

I think the poster was referring to the second wave of admissions for the MPA program. As far as I know, MGPS hasn't notified yet, and probably won't for another two weeks. Calm, everyone!

Don't mean to do more bad than good...

I was referring to MPAff. Don't know nothing about MGPS.

I called them when I got an ambiguously-worded Financial Aid email (that could have been interpreted as a rejection). The nice woman who answered said that the LBJ school had not yet forwarded ANY recommendations to the University, and she told me to "sit tight."

I called them when I got an ambiguously-worded Financial Aid email (that could have been interpreted as a rejection). The nice woman who answered said that the LBJ school had not yet forwarded ANY recommendations to the University, and she told me to "sit tight."

Oh, you have just made my day - I got the same email last night and was worried that it was a sign that I'd been rejected, even though the status check website says that they're still reviewing my app. Glad to hear I still have a chance!

Yeah, that was horribly worded - something like "we cannot process your FAFSA documents because you have not been admitted." What, they couldn't have said "not yet admitted"? Very ambiguous. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that...

Yeah, that was horribly worded - something like "we cannot process your FAFSA documents because you have not been admitted." What, they couldn't have said "not yet admitted"? Very ambiguous. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that...

Huh. Looking at it again, that is poorly worded. I didn't even notice the first time. Wouldn't that be a horrible way to reject people?

Huh. Looking at it again, that is poorly worded. I didn't even notice the first time. Wouldn't that be a horrible way to reject people?

Hi Ya'll

I am applying to MPA and MBA schools and UT was one of them for MBA track.

I got the same type of email about 3 days ago. But I happen to log-in a few mintues and it said I got rejected which was not like that yesterday when I last checked. So why is it that I find out I get rejected from the Fiancial Aid Office (through an email) instead of the Admissions Office.

Anyways I think it is kinda crap system.