Ryerson 2012 Waiting game

matak

nope nothing yet! I'm applying to architecture and I heard that someone was rejected a few weeks ago. I called the graduate office and they said you will receive an email if you are rejected or mail if you are accepted.

Oh god, tell me about it! I'm currently waiting a hearback from their Professional Communication program. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is thinking this way. Since it is the first of April, I am pretty sure that we will hear back these few weeks. Playing the wait game has proven detrimental to my mental health :(.

Here's hoping!

I called Ryerson just now re: professional communication. Apparently, they have started "rolling out" decisions. Has anyone heard anything?

As well, they confirmed: if you are accepted you will get notified by snail mail. If you are not accepted, you will get an email.

Here's to hoping no emails come in!

Anyone have any idea how many people apply to professional communication? I asked and I didn't get a clear answer

I've just heard from the Policy Studies administrator. The first round of acceptances had until March 30th to respond to the offer of admission. At this point, the admissions committee needs to meet again before sending out the next round. A meeting date has not yet been set.

More waiting....

Well, as of right now registration is closed! I guess we should be hearing shortly

What do you mean by "registration is closed"?

I was told to "sit tight" for two more weeks on March 23rd by the Comm and Cult program. The two weeks have already passed, but your comment gives me hope! :)

Waiting on the MA in urban planning... I emailed them a week or so ago and they indicated that the review process is ongoing and that my application had yet to be reviewed (although the adcomm apparently meets regularly). I've already heard back from U of T and the University of Hong Kong (both notoriously slow), so why on earth is Ryerson taking so long?!

Just wanted to say that I received my acceptance/funding offer for the ProCom Masters yesterday by mail. I'm sure your acceptance letters are on their way. Ryerson was the last school to get back to me and my first choice! I am thrilled! Wishing you all lots of luck and just remember to breathe! Your letters will come soon!

Congrats ceejay!!! I'm happy for you :)

Up to this point, I haven't heard anything back (no e-mail notifications or snail mail), so I was quite worried that I might've been put on the waiting list (even then...they would've notified me about this?). But, thank you for letting us know - much appreciated!

Hope to join you in the Fall.

Congrats matak :)

It's Friday today, and I think I've reached my limit of patience. I haven't received any notifications regarding my application status of some sort, so I am tempted to just bite the bullet and call the adcomm (which is a last resort). The silence is far too overwhelming and I've had enough of being kept in the dark for too long. I've submitted my application on the 13th of January (early consideration), so fast forward to three months now, I'm started to wonder if they simply lost my application. This is so tedious.../sigh.

Wouldn't put it past them. They neglected to contact one of my references till last minute. Stay positive!!!

And matak, congrats to you!!! Looking forward to studying with you in fall. Question: did you get offered an assistantship (TA) position? I am wondering if you did... If you are going to take it! I'm nervous about the workload! Not going to lie!!!

Hello!! Did any of you get any information about admission. I applied for MASc program in Electrical and Computer Engineering in the month of december2011 still waiting for the mail. I have applied only to this university. I am worried alot about my admission!!! Please let me know if any news about admissions in to the mentioned program!!! I have 77.25% in my undergraduation and i dont have any research work thats why i am worried alot about my admission

For all those waiting on the PhD Policy Studies Program, the admissions site shows that the program is closed for 2012-13 entrants. So if you haven't heard yet, I'd say it's safe to say that the answer is "no."