Bank of Mom and Dad

ADL

Hey guys. So I am only 23 but have been married for a little over 2 years. The job market has been tough so my husband and I are being completely supported by my family. While my parents arent complaining I do feel very guilty for not being able to find any job that pays more than a waitress (I have a History BA). My question is, am I the only married person completely dependent on their relatives? I'm asking because I am being incredably hard on myself for not being able to find a job and feeling incredably guilty for accepting their hard earned money.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it appears that it doesn't seem to make a huge difference on how one is funded in liberals. Many grad students in, say, the science and engineering fields -- especially those who have the option to be funded by their family -- may just end up having their education funded from external sources like directly through the university, research institutes, or academic foundations for a variety of reasons. This includes boosting their academic portfolio, CV, or resume (e.g., by listing awarded fellowships) or as an effect of working in a research lab to gain research experience (i.e., since working in a research lab usually waives students' university tuition and fees).

Don't feel bad, I'm in the similar situation, though not married. I work *very* part time, despite having been applying for over a year. (history BA as well) It's hard to find work around here, and being autistic doesn't help either.

Dont feel too bad. Both my sisters, one was a law student and other was a physician assistant's students took out some loans and my parents helped pay their rent during school. Eventually things turned around and they found good paying jobs. You will find one too!