Why haven't the PhD coordinator responded to my acceptance?

fillyglory

Hey everyone, please help me out here.

I got an offer by email from my top choice last Thursday and replied to say that I accept the offer on Friday. I have responded to the PhD coordinator and cc-ed the director on this, but neither has replied. Now I'm freaking out a bit and wondering if something went wrong. Does this sort of thing happen a lot?

(I also emailed my POI to say that I accepted the offer and she replied pretty quickly!)

It's only Tuesday, just wait a little longer. Busy time for profs right now.

Yeah I know I'm freaking out a bit, but they said that I only have seven days to accept/decline, and the deadline is this Thursday. So if I haven't got a reply by this Thursday, does my acception still count?

Do NOT email them hourly. That's way too much and out of line. If you sent the email to two different people, then they got your response. They probably just haven't had time to respond yet as this is a busy time for admissions. At least wait until Friday (a week after your initial email) to follow up with them.

Hey everyone, please help me out here.

I got an offer by email from my top choice last Thursday and replied to say that I accept the offer on Friday. I have responded to the PhD coordinator and cc-ed the director on this, but neither has replied. Now I'm freaking out a bit and wondering if something went wrong. Does this sort of thing happen a lot?

(I also emailed my POI to say that I accepted the offer and she replied pretty quickly!)

You likely have an "account" for your application; you need to log into this and officially accept - an email saying "Hey I accept" doesn't really do much. Do this so you do not need to worry about a Professor, during the wrap up to the end of the semester and application season, not seeing your acceptance.

You likely have an "account" for your application; you need to log into this and officially accept - an email saying "Hey I accept" doesn't really do much. Do this so you do not need to worry about a Professor, during the wrap up to the end of the semester and application season, not seeing your acceptance.

My acceptance letter said to confirm by email. And the school website doesn't show anything but that the materials have been received. Anyway, I got a reply today, it turned out the coordinator's kids were sick and she took a few days off. So everything's alright now.

If you are having problems reaching your professors by email you could call their office lines just to double check. Or perhaps call the main office, say that you wanted to double check that they received your acceptance notification. If the main person in the office doesn't know (who knows, maybe they'll have a master list saved somewhere), then they will transfer you to the person who would know (more than likely the person you emailed). It is a really busy time of year for them, but it is important and I think this could be a simple, non-aggrevating way for you to try to find out.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use