Quite sick of critical pedagogy and every seminar turning to racist chatter, anyone else?

It seems that nearly every seminar I attend these days, all we discuss is how african americans and asians are unable to read and write.

It's labeled as "race-conscious" discussions, but I actually find most of it just flat out racist.

Anyone share these frustrations? What can we do to change this type of culture and make our writing classes about writing rather than race-based oppression?

Anyone share these frustrations? What can we do to change this type of culture and make our writing classes about writing rather than race-based oppression?

I think you'll have to tell us more about the discussions taking place in your classes and why you find them problematic. But your last question leads me to believe you're not really interested in engaging with critical pedagogy at all, and fail to see how the act of writing itself is tied to questions of power and privilege.