Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I can't believe people have started hearing back already!

albelien, you must've had very high ratings for them to be so excited that they couldn't wait for the U.S. commissions board to notify you first!

l

Great! What a nice FPA!

And I graduated to caffeinated! Woohoo! Hahahaha.

Congratulations on your level up! Haha. I'm sure this is only the first of the good news you'll receive in the next few days.

Please, Mary Magdalene, help us!

I can't believe people have started hearing back already!

I know! It's kind of scary.  Part of me doesn't want to know and part of me just wants to find out so I can be at peace with the decision.  That's easy to say now. ;) It has been a long, hard wait...I suppose waiting a couple more days (or weeks) won't hurt. 

So, I've been scanning this forum occasionally since mid august or so, as I was finishing up my application to Fiji, and I finally created an account to post only because NO ONE else understands how stressful this is. Anyone else applying to the asia/south pacific region?

my cortisol levels have to be through the freakin' roof.

Alright, I'm starting to freak out! I'd like to find out before Monday when classes resume just so that everything isn't happening all at the same time!

Sorry to disappoint, but I spoke to Walter from the national office a few days ago and they said we will find out between the 20th and the 26th. I suppose abelian is an exception because the notification came from Finland rather than the US headquarters.

Which national office is Walter located in because when I talked to Jody last week she said in the 'coming week'.  The context clues make sense that she meant this week since it was last week. Is Walter specific to your region?

Which national office is Walter located in because when I talked to Jody last week she said in the 'coming week'.  The context clues make sense that she meant this week since it was last week. Is Walter specific to your region?
No, he is listed as the contact for general inquiries and FPAs on the national website: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/contact-us

Alright, I'm starting to freak out! I'd like to find out before Monday when classes resume just so that everything isn't happening all at the same time!

I dont know if it is better to be off or have work to do. I am in grad school, so there is never really any time off. At least it keeps me busy. 

No, he is listed as the contact for general inquiries and FPAs on the national website: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/contact-us]http://us.fulbrightonline.org/contact-us

...and I just spoke to someone else and they definitively said that everyone will receive notifications this Friday. So... That being said, we will definitely hear in the next few weeks given the wide range of answers we are getting... hopefully sooner rather than later, though.

I'm Danielle, by the way. Full grant applicant for France.

Edited by jadansan

I dont know if it is better to be off or have work to do. I am in grad school, so there is never really any time off. At least it keeps me busy. 
I totally agree. If I weren't co-teaching a class, working on comprehensive exams, TAing for another class, and raising a baby, I would absolutely be stressing around the clock.

So, I've been scanning this forum occasionally since mid august or so, as I was finishing up my application to Fiji, and I finally created an account to post only because NO ONE else understands how stressful this is. Anyone else applying to the asia/south pacific region?

my cortisol levels have to be through the freakin' roof.

Calm down! :) we don't want too much cortisol running through our system

Ugh, this is getting confusing. I would call Cara (Germany IIE program manager), but I don't want to be doing too much. 

I totally agree. If I weren't co-teaching a class, working on comprehensive exams, TAing for another class, and raising a baby, I would absolutely be stressing around the clock.

Congrats on the baby. You can see where my mind is..... Graduate school and family life planning, another focus of mine! Those are all great distractions. 

I just called the office for Eurasia and Europe, and the guy who answered the phone said that the notifications will arrive some time between "late January and early February." He seemed to be uninformed. 

Me: "I just want to know how the notifications are sent. Do all students receive notifications at the same time? In what fashion are the notifications emailed?"

Guy: "Yes, all notifications are emailed at the same times. They are sent from the IIE office here in New York."

Me: "Ok. You all send notifications, but you're not sure when they will be emailed?"

Guy: "No, we haven't decided yet. We have not received all the results."

Me: "Oh, alright. Thank you!"

Edited by Books2readme

Don't stress out about the date! Considering that we've been waiting since mid-October, finding out tomorrow versus within two weeks from then doesn't involve a huge amount of time.

Edited by Sarhush

Congrats on the baby. You can see where my mind is..... Graduate school and family life planning, another focus of mine! Those are all great distractions. 
If you don't mind answering, do you have a child or are planning on having one? I'm curious to see how other people are juggling it all and plan to balance things while abroad.

If you don't mind answering, do you have a child or are planning on having one? I'm curious to see how other people are juggling it all and plan to balance things while abroad.

No child yet, engaged and trying to juggle wedding planning, house, etc right now. Then trying to decide when to have kids, post-doc, during first years of faculty, etc. If you would like to talk offline, email me at jahanzlik@gmail.com. 

This would be a great time to gather information on some of the applicant new to this site for next year's applications:

Please start sending your information to:      fulbright2013.2014@gmail.com 
at this point the following info is the only thing needed:

First and Last Name
Username (for gradcafe)
At-Large or with University (this is a new one, i thought it would be helpful to see the numbers of who applied at-large or with thier university)
Country of application
Grant Type
CLEA (applied Yes or no)
Interview (yes or no)
Research Topic
Email Address (only if you would like to be contacted by next years applicants, or anyone else who shares your field)
Host Affiliation
Misc/anything you would like to add

Thanks! 

This would be a great time to gather information on some of the applicant new to this site for next year's applications:

Please start sending your information to:      fulbright2013.2014@gmail.com 

at this point the following info is the only thing needed:

First and Last Name

Username (for gradcafe)

At-Large or with University (this is a new one, i thought it would be helpful to see the numbers of who applied at-large or with thier university)

Country of application

Grant Type

CLEA (applied Yes or no)

Interview (yes or no)

Research Topic

Email Address (only if you would like to be contacted by next years applicants, or anyone else who shares your field)

Host Affiliation

Misc/anything you would like to add

Thanks! 

Yes, please! I'm super bored at work (just finished grad school!) so I have practically nothing else to focus on except for this forum! lol can't wait for Friday!

I'm glad I found this forum> (a bit late tho). You are all so funny with your anxiety over the notifications. Just breathe, we will all soon find out.

By the way, Im applying to Mexico for a research grant.