Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Here is a copy of the email:

Good morning –

We have been notified that the Fulbright National Screening Committee results will be distributed tomorrow, Friday, January 18th by the end of the day. It is not clear what end of the day means, but probably 5:00 p.m. EST since the results are coming out of NYC. You will receive an email so be sure to check the email account that you provided on your Fulbright application.

The email will tell you whether or not you have been recommended. Please note:

Recommendation indicates that the applicant will receive further consideration by the host country, the FSB and the Department of State. It is not an award notification.

If you are recommended, you will then receive a review from the host country and will be notified in the spring, likely between March and May, whether or not you have been awarded a Fulbright grant. If you are not recommended to be reviewed by a host country, then your application will not be considered further.

Although I am supposed to receive an email with your results as well, that system was very spotty last year so please contact me when you receive your notification.

My fingers are crossed for all of you. Thank you for your tremendous hard work and good luck.

Here is a copy of the email:

Good morning –

We have been notified that the Fulbright National Screening Committee results will be distributed tomorrow, Friday, January 18th by the end of the day. It is not clear what end of the day means, but probably 5:00 p.m. EST since the results are coming out of NYC.

Hm, that sounds pretty definite. Though we saw an actual copy of what the committee sent to all the FPA's, and it didn't actually say on Friday- it said by Friday at the end of the day. Splitting hairs, I know.

Any whos, I keep telling myself that IT DOESNT MATTER- I'LL KNOW SOON ENOUGH, but I don't believe myself. I am still anxious to just know as soon as possible!

Here is a copy of the email: Good morning – We have been notified that the Fulbright National Screening Committee results will be distributed tomorrow, Friday, January 18th by the end of the day. It is not clear what end of the day means, but probably 5:00 p.m. EST since the results are coming out of NYC. You will receive an email so be sure to check the email account that you provided on your Fulbright application. The email will tell you whether or not you have been recommended. Please note: Recommendation indicates that the applicant will receive further consideration by the host country, the FSB and the Department of State. It is not an award notification. If you are recommended, you will then receive a review from the host country and will be notified in the spring, likely between March and May, whether or not you have been awarded a Fulbright grant. If you are not recommended to be reviewed by a host country, then your application will not be considered further. Although I am supposed to receive an email with your results as well, that system was very spotty last year so please contact me when you receive your notification. My fingers are crossed for all of you. Thank you for your tremendous hard work and good luck.
Are you an ETA applicant? Because supposedly those were released the day after last year; also, since someone already posted the email the FPAs got, I think your FPA might have misinterpreted the email to mean it's specifically this Friday, when it doesn't say that in the original email...

Are you an ETA applicant? Because supposedly those were released the day after last year; also, since someone already posted the email the FPAs got, I think your FPA might have misinterpreted the email to mean it's specifically this Friday, when it doesn't say that in the original email...

Yes, I am an ETA applicant. I have not read the email that was sent to the FPAs so it is possible that she misinterpreted. That would be really awesome if she did misinterpret and we find out today!

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster, but wanted to join in and say I'm waiting anxiously for news on my full grant as well! Good luck to all of you.

I love this statement, as it applies to me as well. I'm grateful for this little commuinity of waiting applicants! Sending positive energy out there for everyone and no matter what the results, trust that it's for the best!

I just searched through last years forum and the year before that. It looks like Full grants get announced some time today, after 5pm though. Then ETAs tomorrow. Apparently everyone goes a little nuts every year waiting. They have been consistent for at least two years. 

I'm going to be so jealous of all of the full grant applicants if they find out today and I have to wait until tomorrow! :)

I am full but I dont get the split between days. Its not fair to ETAs!

I emailed my FPA last night in a moment of panic asking if he knew if the cuts were close to being announced...

HE DIDN'T RESPOND. JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

I don't know who you really are, but I feel like we would be best friends. Your posts are always the funniest, lol.

I love best friends! This can be arranged. Our lives can be in shambles together.

Yes! Let's take a train to Washington D.C. and try to make it big! If not we can always work at Wendys. Though, I've heard they require a Ph. D. now.

Edited by kbui

Kbui / Kelseygwynne,

I agree totally.  Everytime I read a Kelseygwynne post I LOL....as I just did in the TA room here in Philly.  Let's be BFF's foreva....

Yes! Let's take a train to Washington D.C. and try to make it big! If not we can always work at Wendys.

Guys, I feel so popular right now. Thank the baby Lord if we don't get Fulbright we at least have VIRTUAL FRIENDSHIP and Frosty's. 

Yes! Let's take a train to Washington D.C. and try to make it big! If not we can always work at Wendys. Though, I've heard they require a Ph. D. now.

Yes, it takes a degree of higher education to open up that bag of frozen fries and drop them into the oil just right. 

Just got a response:

"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best." - Santa Claus.

As you know tomorrow is the day. 

I THOUGHT IT WAS TODAY FOR FULL GRANTS?!?! Now I am more confused...and who quotes Santa...THAT IS NOT COMFORTING. 

Maybe Fulbright thought it would be fun to announce it the same day two years in a row and then wait until the next day in the 3rd year. They have a very dark sense of humor. I had too much coffee today, cant sit still. Their needs to be a short survivors guide to finding out your Fulbright status.