Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

My FPA just emailed me saying to call him when I hear from Fulbright...

WHY. WHY. HE KNOWS THE OUTCOME. I feel sickly.

What does that MEAN?! Is it good??? AHHH!

Man, it seems like everyone else is real pal-sy with their FPA except me.. I emailed mine earlier this morning and still haven't heard anything.

I mean, it's not like he has classes to teach or anything .. <_<

I think that's a clear sign you got it!

Edited by pbo

Man, it seems like everyone else is real pal-sy with their FPA except me.. I emailed mine earlier this morning and still haven't heard anything.

I mean, it's not like he has classes to teach or anything .. <_<

Haha I haven't heard from my FPA since October....

Soooo... how many of you have been to the countries you are applying to? What is it about said country that made you apply there?

If you HAVE been there, what do you really look forward towards doing once you are there?

If not, what is one thing you really look forward to?

I am applying to Germany; I spent a semester there in 2008, living with a host family.

Some of my most blissful moments there were riding my granny bike along the Danube, window shopping, and stopping for a Doner Kebab or some Gelato. Can you tell it's close to lunch time? Lol.

When I fantacize about going back though, it's the little things that really get to me.. like sitting at a cafe and people watching, or seeing the Alps from a train window..

*sigh*

Hope I have some good news today!

I really liked how a previous poster described this situation.

Applying for the Fulbright and waiting is kind of like buying a lottery ticket. You know your odds of winning are all against you, but you still have this sliver of hope that you'll win.

Edited by kbui

Why do they wait until the end of the working day to send these e-mails out? To keep us waiting?

Who knows?! In the future at least ONE of us will have to be on the commission's board so we get all the inside scoop!

Bahh. I just heard back from my FPA. Seeing Fulbright in subject line made my stomach do a back flip.

He said that the first-round notification goes out by Jan 31, but word on the street is that it will be early this year. Meaning that I should hear back sometime within the next week.

Man.

Guess I should just stop with the incessant email refreshing then :(

Bahh. I just heard back from my FPA. Seeing Fulbright in subject line made my stomach do a back flip.

He said that the first-round notification goes out by Jan 31, but word on the street is that it will be early this year. Meaning that I should hear back sometime within the next week.

Man.

Guess I should just stop with the incessant email refreshing then :(

Whattttt??? Mine told me we are hearing today FOR SURE

I really liked how a previous poster described this situation.

Applying for the Fulbright and waiting is kind of like buying a lottery ticket. You know your odds of winning are all against you, but you still have this sliver of hope that you'll win.

yeah, exactly like a lottery ticket...I pour my heart and soul into every lotto number I pick at random