Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

totally throwing off the timing but.......OFFICIALLY A FULBRIGHTER TO AUSTRIA!!!!!

got the e-mail at 10:30am EST from the program coordinater of Austrian-American Educational Commission.

Don't know if it was the same for you, but the letter of acceptance was attached to an email that began: "Thank you for your interest in the Fulbright program."

I thought: dear God no.

Don't know if it was the same for you, but the letter of acceptance was attached to an email that began: "Thank you for your interest in the Fulbright program."

I thought: dear God no.

Nothing in the subject line?

Gah now I'm panicking come on - where are my UKers??

I'm here! I have been checking this forum everyday, our answers are only days away. I can only smile while day dreaming in anticipation of good news. I pray we all get the  answers we so desperately desire! I can so use 9 months in the UK right now, i can't wait!

Nothing in the subject line?

The subject was:

"Candidacy for a Fulbright Award to Austria, 2013-14"

The email itself didn't say anything like "congrats!" it started with "thank you for your interest..." and talked about needing to accept formally or something. and it had the letter attached. I just couldn't figure out what it meant!

To the UK folks:  How was your interview? Did you feel like ya nailed it!? As for me, i think mine went well, i did mock interviews with a colleague so that really helped. I just hope UK-Fulbright thinks i did well too.

So they said we should hear by mid-March. I'm thinking we have exactly one week to find out...

To the UK folks: How was your interview? Did you feel like ya nailed it!? As for me, i think mine went well, i did mock interviews with a colleague so that really helped. I just hope UK-Fulbright thinks i did well too.

So they said we should hear by mid-March. I'm thinking we have exactly one week to find out...

I unfortunately don't think mine went well at all- they called me late and I was super flustered. But we'll see.... I can dream... When they say they recommended at least 2x the number of people, does that mean like for every partnership university, there was at least 2 people? Or what?

And I want to know noooww waaaaah

Anyone know if the ETA and full scholarships are normally announced at the same time (Germany)?

Last year they were not, I don't think. Are you an ETA as well?

I have hope that they will this year, though. They seem to be doing things a little bit differently this year.

Edited by there'sanappforthat

I unfortunately don't think mine went well at all- they called me late and I was super flustered. But we'll see.... I can dream... When they say they recommended at least 2x the number of people, does that mean like for every partnership university, there was at least 2 people? Or what?

And I want to know noooww waaaaah

Lol, seriously i want to know now too! Maybe it will give me more motivation to finish this semester strong so i can hurry up an get the the UK.

As for being flustered, i'm sure that was a common factor among us all. Plus they know that we are super nervous at this time.

Regarding those recommended, i don't really know the ratio, i saw someone post 1.5 to 2.  So i guess it could mean that we are competing with 2 other folks. I keep on day dreaming that no one else applied to my school,  so i am only competing with myself   :rolleyes: but i know that's unlikely. 

I don't post much anymore but I'm always keeping an eye on things ;)

I have too much nervous, pent up energy not to post. And I would drive all my friends and family crazy if I prattled away about this all the time. So I do it here, and drive you people crazy. Edited by there'sanappforthat

omfgggggg I just got an email from the head of the department of my school and he wanted to know if I had heard back yet (I haven't) because he had and apparently it was good news and that he wanted to congratulate me! AAAAAH

I have too much nervous, pent up energy not to post. And I would drive all my friends and family crazy if I prattled away about this all the time. So I do it here, and drive you people crazy.

Why not both? ;) I drive my roommates crazy

omfgggggg I just got an email from the head of the department of my school and he wanted to know if I had heard back yet (I haven't) because he had and apparently it was good news and that he wanted to congratulate me! AAAAAH

That's great! Congrats!! But... aren't the applicants supposed to know at the same time as everyone else or before? This makes me want to email my FPA or advisor....

That's great! Congrats!! But... aren't the applicants supposed to know at the same time as everyone else or before? This makes me want to email my FPA or advisor....

waaahhhh gosh what!!

Congrats but gah now this is killing me

Sorry, I meant my school as my school in the UK! Not the institution I applied through.

I'm sure good news is coming for all of you as well!

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up pbo. Congrats again!

I have an exam in 1 hour, and I'm sure I won't hear for 1 month based on my luck haha.

Edited by vPersie