Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Am I the only one scoping out Twitter and wondering why the Fulbright & Jaworski law firm has to tweet every friggin second of the day?

hahahahahaha every time I do that I regret it because I don't have the patience to sift through all their tweets.

If you are really that bored, I can recommend a couple of excellent TV shows that might distract you. Seems I'm making up for all the time in college I spent NOT having time to watch TV.
yes please! Any of them on Netflix?

Hm, I don't get the logic here. One poster (Ruluo) diverts from 98 pages of cordial discussion. I noted as such in saying that it's "not nice" to call someone's idea naive, and to post argumentative statements if we don't want to argue. That is all pretty straightforward and objective.

Ruluo's intention was to "blast" the ideas of someone else. They shouldn't get a free pass to sidetrack the sentiment of the thread.

HITLER! There we go, we've hit Godwin's Law. We can reset the discussion to Fulbright stuff.

byline--watch it or I'll pull out the yo' mama jokes...

yes please! Any of them on Netflix?

Hells yes baby! First couple are on Netflix streaming; last one is only on the regular Netflix.

First and foremost, Sherlock, by the BBC. It's a modern day take on the Sherlock Holmes stories. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch (say that 5 times fast) and Martin Freeman (of the UK office and more recently, The Hobbit). The relationship between the two is so delightfully hilarious! YOU MUST WATCH IT!! I will warn you, it's made up of two series of 3 episodes a piece, each episode being an hour and a half. So be prepared to be glued to your couch for a while.

Doctor Who. Bear with me on this one; it's really kind of cheesy and silly, but it's so much fun and so addictive! It's created by the same people who did Sherlock, so it CAN'T be bad. It's about a time traveler who saves the world. It's been on the BBC for decades, but they brought it back in 2006 I think? So I would recommend starting with the newer episodes, and if you like those, then maybe try the older ones.

Firefly. Dear god, WHY did you cancel this show Fox?! Such a bad idea. Star Trek meets John Wayne. Think Han Solo, or Cowboy Bebop if you have ever seen it. It's about a crew of bandits who travel the galaxy trying to find work and shenanigans ensue! The cast is great and it's hilarious!

The West Wing. Ok, this one was on TV in the late 90s, so you may have heard of it. It follows the two terms of Democratic president Josiah (Jeb) Bartlett. It's well really written, and it's storylines draw heavilyfrom actual events of the 90s. It can be pretty serious and dramatic, but also incredibly funny.

Game of Thrones. This one isn't on Netflix streaming, unfortunately, but it's well worth it. Oh man.

I'm sorry, but I am all out of decriptions. I spent too much time on the others. Let me get back to you on this one. IT'S AWESOME THOUGH I SWEAR!!!

Edited by there'sanappforthat

Uh oh...of all the days for me to run out of time while shaving and just have shaved the sides of my mustache...
Hitler ruined the Charlie Chaplin for everyone.

App- you are my new favorite person. Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Firefly are some of my favorite TV shows of all time

Also, to get back to ranting, what are you guys going to do if we don't find out this week? This stress and uncertainty just keeps exponentially increasing

App- you are my new favorite person. Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Firefly are some of my favorite TV shows of all time

Also, to get back to ranting, what are you guys going to do if we don't find out this week? This stress and uncertainty just keeps exponentially increasing

Ahhhhh! What was it Amirah said about the warm and fuzzies?!

Stop it! You're making me blush!!

It's too bad some of us will never get to meet, even if we do make it. As it was pointed out to me earlier, ETA's don't go to Washington.

thrust my fist in the air in a show of impotent rage, cry, then probably return to this forum and continue hitting refresh

Personally, I would hope that such a group of fine, intelligent chaps and dames could handle a healthy discourse, but you are probably right.

Also reached upvote quota

Absolutely!

I love firefly and game of thrones! I can't wait for season 3, the third book has been my favorite so far. Also super sad that firefly was only one season. Have you seen arrested development or the new-er battlestar galactica? Both incredible shows. Also house of cards! I'm gonna start Sherlock tonight, it has been decided.

Edited by nainalerom

Ha app- not your fault- it's just driving me crazy because it hit me we might not find out this week, which would actually drive me insane since my finals are next week.

Also, Battlestar was good until they made it a giant religious metaphor in the season finale. At least, in my humble opinion.

Castle is also a great show to people who have already seen all the ones listed