Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

That wasn't helpful in the slightest. You should write your FPA back and say "HEY! Thanks for telling me something I already knew!!" Jk, jk.

Agreed! He was really vague. I think he is shocked I am still in the running. Lol! Sorry I couldn't get more info. I tried. *sigh*

Agreed! He was really vague. I think he is shocked I am still in the running. Lol! Sorry I couldn't get more info. I tried. *sigh*

Awww, don't say that! My FPA is worse though. I ask her something and she's like, "Yes, I can confirm that you will find out...sometime..."

Oh, well, right! I'll just set alarm for sometime, then, shall I?

... 30 posts of nonsense. My inbox blew up for no apparent reason. I hope everyday is not like this. 

Yeah, turn off the notifications. If you aren't interested in having a conversation while we wait, maybe you should find another forum. Edited by there'sanappforthat

nope, different one...was just notification dates by country, not individual acceptance/rejection entries

Its the same doc. Choose the sheet you want from the tabs at the bottom.

... 30 posts of nonsense. My inbox blew up for no apparent reason. I hope everyday is not like this. 

You mean you don't care about Swedish cinema...?

The posts are getting pretty neurotic. At least I have a standard by which to measure my own anxiety against and have the comfort of knowing that there are others out there who are on edge. I'm not entirely sure why I keep coming back here as country/program release times have no bearing on each other, and at this point there is very little news that can be offered besides a direct notification from Fulbright, which come can seemingly at any time during traditional business hours. I would almost have preferred to have not come to this website, but it was very helpful during the application process. I guess, like others, it has become a habit to help pass the time. And to distract myself from GRE flashcards. 

I also don't have post notifications on (I didn't know that was a thing). I can see inbox explosion being frustrating.

You should know better than to get notified on all posts when people are flipping out about being notified. Assume at least a few pages of posts a day. =P

People are talking about everything other than Fulbright material. This is truly nonsense. Others will assume there is some sort of breakthrough. 

Edited by Books2readme

You mean you don't care about Swedish cinema...?

The posts are getting pretty neurotic. At least I have a standard by which to measure my own anxiety against and have the comfort of knowing that there are others out there who are on edge. I'm not entirely sure why I keep coming back here as country/program release times have no bearing on each other, and at this point there is very little news that can be offered besides a direct notification from Fulbright, which come can seemingly at any time during traditional business hours. I would almost have preferred to have not come to this website, but it was very helpful during the application process. I guess, like others, it has become a habit to help pass the time. And to distract myself from GRE flashcards. 

I also don't have post notifications on (I didn't know that was a thing). I can see inbox explosion being frustrating.

Well said! Thank you! If I had an upvote to give you would get it.

I enjoy learning a little about the community of people who have applied for the grant and I believe that our conversation which has ranged from teaching certifications to politics (careful, careful) to TV shows has an applicable use to people engaging in all sorts of things including anxiety relief and travel prep. I would love to meet some of you someday and I thank you for participating. I think the deal is : if you would rather only know when something important happens check in once in a while or wait for an email from IIE. Otherwise we welcome you to our little band of neurotics and thank you for your participation :-).

Damn, another day of nothing!  <_<  Guess my gut feeling was wrong. Good thing I'm not in the fortune telling business, haha! 

Guess we'll have to wait till Friday at least.

keep calm and turn off notifications. This forum will be about fulbright again when there's news from fulbright. I really don't see the harm in killing time.

Well said! Thank you! If I had an upvote to give you would get it.

I enjoy learning a little about the community of people who have applied for the grant and I believe that our conversation which has ranged from teaching certifications to politics (careful, careful) to TV shows has an applicable use to people engaging in all sorts of things including anxiety relief and travel prep. I would love to meet some of you someday and I thank you for participating. I think the deal is : if you would rather only know when something important happens check in once in a while or wait for an email from IIE. Otherwise we welcome you to our little band of neurotics and thank you for your participation :-).

No kidding. You'd think a group of people interested in traveling and learning about other cultures JUST MIGHT be interested in Swedish film.

Methinks someone must not get much exposure to the internet..

Damn, another day of nothing!  <_<  Guess my gut feeling was wrong. Good thing I'm not in the fortune telling business, haha! 

Guess we'll have to wait till Friday at least.

So, I know it seems like in the past, notifications came about 3 or so weeks after the interview? But was somebody here told 2 weeks on their phone interview? Do you think they'll still hold until mid-March?

And why Friday at least? /Why not tomorrow?  :(

Edited by Anon314

I really don't see the harm in killing time.

There is no harm in random conversations. I am very calm, but more annoyed than anything else.  I will certainly stop checking this site until there is real news. 

The 60 seconds of cleaning your inbox must have been excruciating.

keep calm and turn off notifications. This forum will be about fulbright again when there's news from fulbright. I really don't see the harm in killing time.

If anything, killing time and NOT talking about fulbright scholarships or waiting can help out a bit with nerves. I know it does for me at least.

Yeah, turn off the notifications. If you aren't interested in having a conversation while we wait, maybe you should find another forum.

As you know that this is the only Fulbright forum, I will join in conversation when there is some true notification. Thank you for letting me know of my options. 

As you know that this is the only Fulbright forum, I will join in conversation when there is some true notification. Thank you for letting me know of my options. 

Maybe you hadn't noticed, but this board is here to fill many people's needs, not just yours. If some people need to pass the time with others who understand what they are going through, so be it. Sorry we are being such an inconvenience. Edited by there'sanappforthat

So, I know it seems like in the past, notifications came about 3 or so weeks after the interview? But was somebody here told 2 weeks on their phone interview? Do you think they'll still hold until mid-March?

And why Friday at least? /Why not tomorrow?  :(

I mean, they told me about two weeks, so that's why I thought it'd be this week!

As for why I think it's Friday- idk, Thursday seems like a pretty random day of the week compared to Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, and Friday is also the 15th, hence my thinking.

If it is tomorrow though, I'll be over the moon!