Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

aww man. I didn't want to be the only one who didn't get it. =P

Found this thread a couple days ago after searching for more information on that email from the UK commission saying they had sent their results back to US-side. I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one! I too was notified this morning that I've been selected as an alternate for the UK. Kind of disappointing, but there's still hope. 

Knowing one way or another would be nice-- I feel like it was only a couple days ago I was saying to my friends how getting alternate would be the most stressful response to hear back. 

Found this thread a couple days ago after searching for more information on that email from the UK commission saying they had sent their results back to US-side. I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one! I too was notified this morning that I've been selected as an alternate for the UK. Kind of disappointing, but there's still hope. 

Knowing one way or another would be nice-- I feel like it was only a couple days ago I was saying to my friends how getting alternate would be the most stressful response to hear back. 

I really feel for you guys. I agree, that is the most stressful response. :( Hang in there!!!

Congratulations all. For the rest of us waiting, I've been feeling more calm as the end of the month draws near. While it's certainly unforcomfortable having our futures consigned to this unending purgatory, I at least feel that I can safely fantasize about receiving a full grant without having to possibly confront the harsh reality of the situation. Each additional day is sort of the last chance I feel we got to do this. A bit morose perhaps, but it surprisingly makes this wait more bearable

Congratulations all. For the rest of us waiting, I've been feeling more calm as the end of the month draws near. While it's certainly unforcomfortable having our futures consigned to this unending purgatory, I at least feel that I can safely fantasize about receiving a full grant without having to possibly confront the harsh reality of the situation. Each additional day is sort of the last chance I feel we got to do this. A bit morose perhaps, but it surprisingly makes this wait more bearable

Ohh yes...those fantasies about frolicking through northern Germany are nice to have for the moment.... And to the guys that guy in, woohoo!

Sorry to all those that found out alternate status, but keep your chin up and there's still a chance! 

Ohh yes...those fantasies about frolicking through northern Germany are nice to have for the moment.... And to the guys that guy in, woohoo!

Sorry to all those that found out alternate status, but keep your chin up and there's still a chance! 

Lord, yes!! I literally have dreams of twirling around while running through an Alpen valley, ala Maria from the Sound of Music. 

My concious fantasies usually include biking across the German country side, hiking, going to the theatre, eating Gelato in a cafe, and late night Doner kebab runs!! I mean, other than my fantasies about the actual teaching aspect!!

Alphabetsoup is right, though. At least right now, I can continue to fantasize. Even that might be taken away, shortly.

Congrats!!!!! High five!!!

Side note.. WTF Germany. Seriously, your famed efficiency, WHAT HAPPENED?!

Perhaps the famed efficiency should be replaced with notions of famed red ink and bureaucracy. :-) 

Edit: Congrats Bernstea!

Edited by JackG

rejected for the Full Grant to India

Sorry to hear that! You made it to the Final round, so that means that you did very well! Keep us updated with what you'll do instead, and if you will reapply next year. 

Thank you lunita and carteramc. I don't plan to apply for any academic awards in the future. Concern about prestige and the endless wait for the future has made my life miserable and taken it away from me - certainly my own doing. I got what I needed from this process.

Take care guys. Goodbye.