Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

A much needed distraction:  Repost:

Okay, I'm freaking out a tad.  I'm applying for a full grant to the UK, I 

submitted my Fulbright application in the fall without a formal letter of affiliation, everything else was perfect.  In the letter's place, however, I had attached a disclaimer stating that the Fulbright webinar told me to use my letter of acceptance to King's College London as my letter of affiliation.  So, I told them what they told me, and because KCL's decision date is later than the Fulbright's, and because my main contact at KCL refused to write a letter before I got accepted, I added on the disclaimer that I would contact them as soon as a decision was made.
   However, once I got accepted into KCL, the IIE (organization that handles Fulbright) told me conflicting information regarding my submission of the letter after the Fulbright's due date.  They said that I was to supposed to upload a statement onto the application saying that KCL "supports" me, regardless if I got accepted or not.  Even more confusing was the way their advisers told me that I needed *a* letter--it was very ambiguous.  It left me thinking: should I have written my *own* letter of affiliation--UGH!!
  In any case, both advisers told me that should my application be recommended, I will be able to forward this letter that I now have.  
   Does anyone know of/have done this?  Is there a possibility I can still be considered for recommendation??
Edited by Noah'sARK

I really hope it comes early in the morning, I don't think I can handle another full day of this tomorrow!

I was just thinking the same, another day at work being 1000000x distracted!

Good Luck everyone!! I am still surprised that its really calm in this room!! "STILL!!" Last year... It was a complete hectic mess!! *Giving everyone High 5's* Congratulations to everyone for remaining as calm as you are!!! ;)

Good Luck everyone!! I am still surprised that its really calm in this room!! "STILL!!" Last year... It was a complete hectic mess!! *Giving everyone High 5's* Congratulations to everyone for remaining as calm as you are!!! ;)

We only seem calm because you can't see us! Ha!

Hi there! I've applied for a Full Research Grant to Italy! I'm on pins and needles over here. So I'll take the high five, but not sure I deserve it!

Hey, same here!!  Where in Italy did you apply to and what field are you in?

And good luck everyone!!  Hopefully we all get some good news tomorrow.