Low confidence in the GRE test

Michaliskh

I'm curious whether Americans feel similarly about the SAT's. Anybody want to weigh in? Canadians don't have anything comparable at the high school level.

Edited by lewin00

I'm curious whether Americans feel similarly about the SAT's. Anybody want to weigh in? Canadians don't have anything comparable at the high school level.

I've always felt this way about the SATs. They don't seem to actually mean anything except that you can take standardized tests.

Right! I stand corrected - I spaced it that this was a post about Psychology. In many disciplines at most Canadian universities, applicants do not have to supply a GRE score - and Psychology is one of the exceptions. I took the GRE myself and it was a pain, so I'm always trying to help others avoid it when I can - got a bit overzealous there for a minute...

Got it. If I could start a charity that would help others avoid the GRE, I would. It took such a toll on my well-being.

Im glad that there are others who feel the same way I do!

Anyway... since USA is far more expensive than I could afford, I'll bet my chances in Ireland and Scotland since it seems that in England the prices are equally high with the states...