What do you do to relax while waiting?

Yellow#5

I hear that stress and anxiety can be triggers as well. Fortunately, as I understand it, most eye-twitches go away over time. And anything you can do to try and relax is probably going to help with the eye-twitches as well.

NOTE: I am anything but a doctor. Just a disclaimer. But: when that used to happen to me back in middle-school, I'd simply (wash my hands, then) get into a relaxing position, close the eye(s) in question, and then apply firm pressure to the site of the twitch for a while. It came back a few times after doing this, but after one time when I lay down and pressed the problem-spot for about 25 minutes, it never bothered me again.

lol, you're right. I think it was some combination of stress and anxiety. I neglected to mention in my previous post that the twitching started right after I got a rejection from a super reach (expected, but bitter nonetheless, haha). It's been a couple days, the twitching got better.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, you're right. I think it was some combination of stress and anxiety. I neglected to mention in my previous post that the twitching started right after I got a rejection from a super reach (expected, but bitter nonetheless, haha). It's been a couple days, the twitching got better.

Rejections are no fun, even when you see them coming! Glad the twitch cleared up, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I try to apply "The Secret." LOL Check this forum and the chart constantly, knowing that others are living through the same situation as me helps a great deal... Read, Read, Read lots of Junot Diaz (he makes me happy!).

It's hard to relax though... Since this process started, I stopped going to the gym (which makes no sense b/c this is when I should be going!) and doing yoga.

I'd normally be out playing polo and working with our horses; however, the stress of grad school and finishing up my last semester has made it impossible to have any free time - let alone, enough to play regularly.

So I run. And run some more. Whenever I start to get stressed about the grad school situation - it's outside for a while. Plus, the running tires me out enough to sleep pretty well.

Both my lower eyelids have started twitching uncontrollably today. I don't think it's from lack of sleep as I was pretty "regular" for the past few days. It's really bothering me. Any remedies?

Oh, I'm sorry, that sucks. It has happened to me before because of stress. It's called Blepharospasm-- and Botox is a cure! (I didnt' go that route, just waited it out but it lasted like a week).

As for me: I told myself that if I didn't get in I would do the Mount Desert Island marathon. Since I got waitlisted (applied one place) I guess that means I need to start training. Anyone want to start a Grad Cafe running team? haha. http://www.mdimarathon.org/

I just wanted to write this little thought about my experience the innocuous facts that we all have swimming around in our brains are pretty earth-shattering to other people, who haven't had the luxury of college yet.

So, just to relax, if you're feeling like you're not worth anything based on a huge stack of rejections, you might look for a volunteer opportunity like this where you are, because it's great to share the wealth of our educations instead of just feeling bad.

Just wanted to thank you for the most valuable post I've read on Grad Cafe! And it ended up being great that it was in this forum-- unexpected and I might not have found it otherwise.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll prosper anywhere you go.

I have been uber stressed the last couple weeks waiting to hear back from my final school (UW). I know at this point it's going to be bad news, but I'm really pissed it's taken them so long to tell me. Anyway, I find that the fmylife website is always good for a few laughs. It also makes me instantly feel better about my problems, haha

To relax while waiting, I like to log on and off of the Purdue website to see if my "Under Review" status has changed in the last 5 minutes. I then go onto Facebook and change my status to a newer, cleverer way to say "nope, not yet." This gives me peace. :roll: