CV: peer-reviewed journal articles vs. peer-reviewed conference proceedings

Updating my CV and I have a new addition: a peer-reviewed conference paper.

I have attended and presented at several other conferences (not peer-reviewed) and those are listed under my Presentations section.

Under my Publications section, I currently have the following sub-categories (I'm in science)

in preparation

referred papers

books

non-referred papers

blogs

Should I just throw the conference paper in the referred papers section or call it out separately in some new section, say conference proceedings? I don't have a ton of peer-reviewed publications (4) so I don't have the luxury of having a bunch of sub-categories without having just 1-2 papers in each bucket..

probably over thinking this but would love to get other's thoughts on if they differentiate between journal articles and conference papers when they are all peer-reviewed.

Two ways I'd go about figuring out the standards in your field:

Look at professors CVs. See if they separate the three out.

Ask on the Chronicle Forums- much more comprehensive advice than any of us here can most likely give.

Also look at CVs of other students in your department, especially ones who are getting ready to go on the job market.

I have: journal papers, book chapters, refereed proceedings papers, other papers. (I don't list things that are submitted/in preparation but I probably would if I were going on the job market). But your field may be different, so take this with a grain of salt.